Corruption scandal rocks the Bulgarian Chess Federation

The very latest International round up of English news.
Mick Norris

Re: Corruption scandal rocks the Bulgarian Chess Federation

Post by Mick Norris » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:04 am

Chris Rice wrote:CAS 2015/A/4062 was heard by the CAS on 7 December 2015. The hearings are not open to the public and they usually take 6-8 weeks before the judgment transcript goes up on the CAS website. I have no idea what Danailov was appealing against as it could be a number of things, given the wording in the FIDE press statement I'm wondering whether they actually know themselves.
Thanks Chris, we'll trust that you'll keep an eye out and let us know when it is published
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Brian Towers

Post by Brian Towers » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:49 am

NickFaulks wrote:That is precisely the assumption CAS makes, but it is careless and wrong. FIDE ( aka "the big guy" ) does not have infinitely deep pockets, something Malcolm Pein regularly crows about. Kasparov and his billionaire backers ( aka "the little guys" ) used the process most effectively to deplete FIDE's resources. I don't know who is funding Danailov, but I would be very surprised if he were willing to waste his own money on such a pointless appeal.
Ah, good point, Nick.

I have to admit I just assumed the Danailov case was open and shut and so wouldn't require much effort / expense on FIDE's part.
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Brian Towers wrote: I have to admit I just assumed the Danailov case was open and shut and so wouldn't require much effort / expense on FIDE's part.
Unfortunately everything going to CAS involves oceans of legal paperwork, which has to be right, and senior officials travelling to Lausanne. It is a constant drain on cash and management resources - which is of course the point, as previous and current ECF directors have acknowledged..
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:41 pm

An attempt by the Bulgarian Chess Federation to ban those critical of it from Bulgarian chess, appears to have failed.

http://www.chessdom.com/bulgarian-court ... -georgiev/

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:41 am

FIDE have now published the CAS judgement.

http://www.fide.com/images/stories/NEWS ... 2.2015.pdf

The case has been running so long, we've probably forgotten what it was about. But whatever it was, it's now confirmed that it can be handled by the FIDE Ethics Commission, which was what CAS have now ruled on.

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:20 am

"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:23 am

Alternatively: "Coming soon:The amazing true life story of the biggest fighter vs #chess corruption in ECU."
"Do you play chess?"

lostontime.blogspot.com

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:07 pm

JustinHorton wrote:The amazing true life story of the biggest fighter vs #chess corruption in ECU."
Would that be European Chess Union LLC, a Delaware based company?

https://bizstanding.com/profile/europea ... c-84005032

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:30 pm

JustinHorton wrote:Eighteen-month suspension for Silvio
The full text of the decision (available via a link at the bottom of the statement or here) states that the suspensions of Silvio Danailov and two others come into effect on 10 October. This means Mr. Danailov will be able to represent the Bulgarian Chess Federation at the upcoming General Assembly meetings in Baku.

Also: "The [FIDE Ethics Commission] will provide its written motivation with full reasons for the guilty findings and the sanctions within one (1) month hereof".

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:01 am

Bulgarian federation suspended
"Do you play chess?"

lostontime.blogspot.com

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:08 pm

JustinHorton wrote:Bulgarian federation suspended
Clearly some of the federations who supported Danailov in the last election have seen enough.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:36 am

Danailov replaced by Topalov as the Bulgaraian Chess Federation delegate to FIDE while Danailov is suspended. That it is was announced in such a way is telling FIDE that in effect Danailov is not suspended. http://veselin-topalov.com/index.php/47 ... cf-in-fide

Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Topalov now using the opportunity to carry on Danailov's vendetta against Azmaiparashvili using old claims from Danailov's Presidential run. He seems to be saying its his duty. There are nine claims or "chapters" some dating back 20 years or more with the promise of a "Chapter 10" presumably with new claims coming soon.

http://veselin-topalov.com/index.php/47 ... u-for-real

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:48 pm

Chris Rice wrote:Topalov now using the opportunity to carry on Danailov's vendetta against Azmaiparashvili using old claims from Danailov's Presidential run. He seems to be saying its his duty. There are nine claims or "chapters" some dating back 20 years or more with the promise of a "Chapter 10" presumably with new claims coming soon.
At least some of it would appear to have been written by Danailov.

For example
So, after a long think, Makro&friends, together with their Russians partners, put against me their old puppet,
The Delaware ECU gets another mention, claiming that Azmaiparashvili knew all about it.
The deal was made and Azmaiparashvili and two more persons from Georgia received the promised €15,000 (€5,000 each) by transfer from the same “fake” ECU account from Delaware USA.

Darko Polimac

Post by Darko Polimac » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:03 pm

The Letter sent to ECU President by Silvio Danailov

Zurab, I am offering you peace for the last time. Of course, this proposal is only for you and does not concern Greeks. You and me have some past history which we have to consider and should not destroy completely.
I am offering peace due to one reason. This reason is purely practical, I want to save money, energy and time for CAS and lawyers. Chess politics in Europe makes me sick for a long time and is not interesting. But it was you guys who started this war and I am forced to defend myself.

The conditions of peace are simple. We stop attacking each other and you close all cases (Ethics, Bulgarian CF etc, and of course Sava and Sakotic), before the ECU GA on the 10th September. I forget you and ECU forever. Of course we will not be friends any more but we will not be fighting.
If someone is bullshitting your brains, I will be clear. Our cases in Bulgaria have been closed for a long time, you have nothing to hope for. Nothing out of these lies, sycophancy and fantasies did not work out, but you did a good job. The assholes who are still saying some things and hoping for a miracle, will have only problems in the future. When you work with genii like Georgiev, Sergiev, Stoinev, Iliev etc, only this result can be foreseen. The same in Montenegro, you are lost there completely, but of course you are given a different picture.

Please tell your Greek partners that they are losing a war against me little by little and everyone understood this. A simple reason – I am independent, I have more resources and I am much richer and cleverer than them. It is known that Makro is a God for you. But Saddam and Kaddafi were Gods also, and we saw their end.
So please think about it, I will wait for your reply till 2nd September till 12 hrs Spanish time. If you agree, just send OK. If you do not reply, then I will consider this a refusal and ok we will continue the fight.
Of course, if you agree, it has to be 100% confidential, only between us. How you start persuading your Board, Greeks, Ethics etc, this is your problem. You started this s**t, not me.

Bye, Silvio

P.S. Consult Marina, women are more practical in such things. For you Presidency could make your head dizzy a bit, but do not forget that all things in life are temporary. I hope that sound reason will win at the end. They say that a bad peace is better than a good war.
By the way, the time of Kirsan and Makro is finishin and if you want to have some future in politics, my advice is to distance yourself from this group of ‘friends”. And if these amateurs think that our common Azeri friend will be feeding them, they are complete idiots, he has his plans and ideas.

This was the first letter ! I ll post next letter very soon