Andrey Filatov interview

The very latest International round up of English news.
Christopher Kreuzer

Andrey Filatov interview

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Some interesting comments in an interview with Andrey Filatov in this Chessbase article:

http://en.chessbase.com/post/andrey-filatov-speaks

"I don’t think chess should be an official lesson. It’s up to the parents to decide: where there’s a will, there’s always a way to develop chess in extra-mural groups and additional educational courses. It shouldn’t be part of the mandatory program – that shouldn’t be the aim."

[...]

"What is the situation with respect to holding the world crown match in the USA?

The talks were suspended when the USA imposed the sanctions on Kirsan Ilyumzhinov. No agreement has been reached so far and the final decision will be made in March. But I hope the world championship will take place in the USA and that Kirsan Ilyumzhinov will hand the award to the world champion."

[...]

"I met with Kirsan Nikolaevich recently. He is now concluding his legal affairs and, at the next presidential council in March in Moscow, he will recount what his advocates have done and what steps they have taken. And, most likely, he will return to his post. And I will definitely raise the question of Ilyuzhimov telling about the state of his affairs, so that we can vote for his return to the post of President and continue working to the benefit of chess."

Later in the interview, Kramnik(!) is mooted by the interviewer as a possible FIDE President.

Roger de Coverly

Re: Andrey Filatov interview

Post by Roger de Coverly » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Christopher Kreuzer ( reporting Andrey Filatov) wrote: The talks were suspended when the USA imposed the sanctions on Kirsan Ilyumzhinov.
The Russian guy now running Agon stated that discussions were continuing.

http://www.agonlimited.com/news/2016/1/ ... ampionship
Agon, which holds rights to organize the match, would like to inform the media that statement by RCF President is not accurate. The Match will take place in the US on November 9 – November 30, 2016, negotiations with host cities are in the final stage and Agon together with FIDE will announce the host city this month.