AGON "under probation"

The very latest International round up of English news.
Mick Norris

Re: AGON "under probation"

Post by Mick Norris » Mon May 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks, it would be interesting to know which Directors received the most questions
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon May 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Looking through my e-mails, I've received 4 questions. Interestingly for me, two of them were from people who haven't posted on the Forums, and who I hadn't come across at tournaments before. I think that is a positive.

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Mon May 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Mick Norris wrote:Thanks, it would be interesting to know which Directors received the most questions
I'm sure we could publish the figures giving a few details. It'd probably be misleading to put up numbers of questions for each director just yet as the numbers we have are too small to draw any statistically significant conclusions. Of course, we may have had an absolute deluge in the last 10 days or so which would make a difference, but I think I would have heard if that has been the case!

Andrew Murray-Watson

Post by Andrew Murray-Watson » Mon May 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Paolo Casaschi wrote:There's rumors about Agon failing to find sponsors for the match in New York and pressure to move the world championship to Russia. This might be the first formal step of FIDE in that direction.
Or it could be a load of old Bank Holiday nonsense. This link is for the official statement on the matter of New York.

http://www.agonlimited.com/news/2016/5/ ... n-new-york

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Mon May 02, 2016 11:27 pm

Andrew Murray-Watson wrote: Or it could be a load of old Bank Holiday nonsense.
But can you confirm or deny that if one of the games starts 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Nf6 and someone encloses these in pgn tags and posts on this forum "yet another Berlin"
that this will be in Agon's view an infringement on Agon's supposed monopoly?

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Tue May 03, 2016 7:20 am

The AGON website is not my idea of a definitive source of information.
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Tue May 03, 2016 9:06 am

The ECF have introduced a "ask the director" feature to replace their forum. I might be inclined to rattle Malcolm's cage on this.
Now that the 4NCL weekend is over we look forward to receiving your Ask The Directors question.

Paolo Casaschi

Post by Paolo Casaschi » Wed May 25, 2016 12:25 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
NickFaulks wrote: That's my point. As we've seen lately, having the FIDE Delegate express an opinion does not make it official ECF policy.
I'm waiting to see if "Ask the Director" is anything other than window dressing. If it has a value, it perhaps will be necessary to ask whether a course of action can become official ECF policy.
This conversation is few weeks old.
Did you ask the question and what was the answer?

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed May 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Paolo Casaschi wrote: Did you ask the question and what was the answer?
It doesn't become topical until the next FIDE meetings at the Olympiad. For that matter, I'm still waiting to see the first "Ask the Director" and its response on the ECF website.

The other question is why we cannot have our rating history back, without giving false interest to FIDE's online chess project.