FIDE Suspension of Iran

The very latest International round up of English news.
David Sedgwick

Re: FIDE Suspension of Iran

Post by David Sedgwick » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:51 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:I remembered yesterday that FIDE adopted a new policy on this subject a couple of years ago.
NickFaulks wrote:Thanks, I don't remember ever seeing that, and it doesn't seem to have been reflected in the Financial Regulations.
I feel that that is a matter of the interpretation of the first part of Regulation 6.1, which reads in full:

"A federation that is six months in arrears shall not receive services from the Secretariat and cannot bid for or organize any FIDE event."

The Federations in question have been told that they won't be able to submit FIDE Rating Reports, although they are being allowed an additional three months grace in this regard.

This seems to me to be appropriate, as it withdraws a service from the Federation rather than from individual players.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:58 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:The Federations in question have been told that they won't be able to submit FIDE Rating Reports, although they are being allowed an additional three months grace in this regard.
Are they indeed? My federation would of course have no information about that.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

soheil_hooshdaran

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:09 pm

My standard rating disappeared from my FIDE profile again

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:23 pm

soheil_hooshdaran wrote:My standard rating disappeared from my FIDE profile again
Iran is back on the naughty list.

You can easily check this yourself, but only your federation can tell you why they are not paying their debts.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

soheil_hooshdaran

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:51 pm

NickFaulks wrote:
soheil_hooshdaran wrote:My standard rating disappeared from my FIDE profile again
Iran is back on the naughty list.

You can easily check this yourself, but only your federation can tell you why they are not paying their debts.
I think they said they were to pay off the debt in 3 installments

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:32 pm

soheil_hooshdaran wrote:I think they said they were to pay off the debt in 3 installments
Presumably, the instalments have failed to appear.