Women's World Championship 2-25 December 2010

Discuss anything you like about women's chess at home and abroad.
Roger de Coverly

Re: Women's World Championship 2-25 December 2010

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:25 pm

LozCooper wrote: Does anyone else find it strange that they have yet to announce dates for the 2012 Olympiad and yet we have them for Norway in 2014? I am beginning to wonder if that will now take place and I can't get an answer from anyone about the matter.
Have they even given a clue about what time of year it will take place? The last one in Istanbul was late October, early November.

There is precedent of course. The 1994 Olympiad was originally supposed to be in Salonika, but was cancelled at fairly short notice when it became apparent that the Greek government were not going to fund it. The replacement was the Kasparov organised Olympiad in Moscow.

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
LozCooper wrote: Does anyone else find it strange that they have yet to announce dates for the 2012 Olympiad and yet we have them for Norway in 2014? I am beginning to wonder if that will now take place and I can't get an answer from anyone about the matter.
Have they even given a clue about what time of year it will take place? The last one in Istanbul was late October, early November.
I'd love to know, if nothing else to give me an idea of if it's in uni term time etc, not to mention I'm someone that likes to plan way in advance hence I'm already hassling the organisers of the World Junior and European Team to give me info on this year's events :oops:

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:56 am

LozCooper wrote:
Roger de Coverly wrote:
I'd love to know, if nothing else to give me an idea of if it's in uni term time etc, not to mention I'm someone that likes to plan way in advance hence I'm already hassling the organisers of the World Junior and European Team to give me info on this year's events :oops:
Looking at the Turksh Chess Federation website http://www.tsf.org.tr/ it starts in 670 days :shock: