English Chess Forum

A home for discussions on the English Chess scene.
It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:58 pm 
Bidding Procedure for EIWCC 2011
According to the decision which the ECU Board made at the meeting held 12-13 January, 2011 in Belgrade, the European Chess Union starts

BIDDING PROCEDURE

For granting the organization of the 12th European Individual Women’s Championship for 2011

Potential organizers should bear in mind that the following terms are available for the championship organization: 07-25 May, 25 June – 25 August and 05-20 October.

It is necessary to offer an official hotel, or more hotels with different categories (5 *, 4 *, 3 *), and playing hall should have a minimum area of 500 – 600 m2.

A prize fund should be offered, 80 percent of which belongs to the competitors and 20 percent to the European Chess Union, according to the rules.

It is possible to charge the organizational fee which would include the transfer from airport to hotel and vice versa.

Offers should be sent on the official form defined by the ECU http://www.europechess.net/rules-and-regulations (Download in Word format), by e-mail office@europechess.org or fax + 381 11 3061 319.

Deadline for sending offers is Friday, 18 February, 2011, 16,00 GMT. For any further information, please address to the ECU office.

If an excellent offer is received, the President of the European Chess Union has the right to grant the competition organization and close the bidding procedure.

http://www.europechess.net/biding-proce ... iwcc-2011/


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 am
Posts: 3283
Location: Harwood, Greater Manchester
Loz

Any chance of an English bid?

I see past details are:

Year Venue Gold Silver Bronze Players/rounds
2000 Batumi, Georgia Natalia Zhukova (UKR) Ekaterina Kovalevskaya (RUS) Maia Chiburdanidze (GEO)
Tatiana Stepovaya (RUS)
32 / K.O.
2001 Warsaw, Poland Almira Skripchenko (MDA) Ekaterina Kovalevskaya (RUS) Ketevan Arakhamia (GEO) 157 / 11
2002 Varna, Bulgaria Antoaneta Stefanova (BUL) Lilit Mkrtchian (ARM) Alisa Galliamova (RUS) 114 / 11
2003 Istanbul, Turkey Pia Cramling (SWE) Viktorija ÄŒmilytÄ— (LTU) Tatiana Kosintseva (RUS) 113 / 11
2004 Dresden, Germany Alexandra Kosteniuk (RUS) Zhaoqin Peng (NED) Antoaneta Stefanova (BUL) 108 / 12
2005 Chişinău, Moldova Kateryna Lahno (UKR) Nadezhda Kosintseva (RUS) Yelena Dembo (GRE) 164 / 12
2006 Kuşadası, Turkey Ekaterina Atalik (TUR) Tea Bosboom-Lanchava (NED) Lilit Mkrtchian (ARM) 96 / 11
2007 Dresden, Germany Tatiana Kosintseva (RUS) Antoaneta Stefanova (BUL) Nadezhda Kosintseva (RUS) 150 / 11
2008 Plovdiv, Bulgaria Kateryna Lahno (UKR) Viktorija ÄŒmilytÄ— (LTU) Anna Ushenina (UKR) 157 / 11
2009 St. Petersburg, Russia Tatiana Kosintseva (RUS) Lilit Mkrtchian (ARM) Natalia Pogonina (RUS) 168 / 11
2010 Rijeka, Croatia Pia Cramling (SWE) Viktorija Čmilytė (LTU) Monika Soćko (POL) 158 / 11

_________________
Any postings on here represent my personal views and should not be taken as representative of the Manchester Chess Federation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:47 am 
Mick Norris wrote:
Loz

Any chance of an English bid?

I see past details are:

Year Venue Gold Silver Bronze Players/rounds
2000 Batumi, Georgia Natalia Zhukova (UKR) Ekaterina Kovalevskaya (RUS) Maia Chiburdanidze (GEO)
Tatiana Stepovaya (RUS)
32 / K.O.
2001 Warsaw, Poland Almira Skripchenko (MDA) Ekaterina Kovalevskaya (RUS) Ketevan Arakhamia (GEO) 157 / 11
2002 Varna, Bulgaria Antoaneta Stefanova (BUL) Lilit Mkrtchian (ARM) Alisa Galliamova (RUS) 114 / 11
2003 Istanbul, Turkey Pia Cramling (SWE) Viktorija ÄŒmilytÄ— (LTU) Tatiana Kosintseva (RUS) 113 / 11
2004 Dresden, Germany Alexandra Kosteniuk (RUS) Zhaoqin Peng (NED) Antoaneta Stefanova (BUL) 108 / 12
2005 Chişinău, Moldova Kateryna Lahno (UKR) Nadezhda Kosintseva (RUS) Yelena Dembo (GRE) 164 / 12
2006 Kuşadası, Turkey Ekaterina Atalik (TUR) Tea Bosboom-Lanchava (NED) Lilit Mkrtchian (ARM) 96 / 11
2007 Dresden, Germany Tatiana Kosintseva (RUS) Antoaneta Stefanova (BUL) Nadezhda Kosintseva (RUS) 150 / 11
2008 Plovdiv, Bulgaria Kateryna Lahno (UKR) Viktorija ÄŒmilytÄ— (LTU) Anna Ushenina (UKR) 157 / 11
2009 St. Petersburg, Russia Tatiana Kosintseva (RUS) Lilit Mkrtchian (ARM) Natalia Pogonina (RUS) 168 / 11
2010 Rijeka, Croatia Pia Cramling (SWE) Viktorija Čmilytė (LTU) Monika Soćko (POL) 158 / 11



Given the state of ECF finances and our current inability to find sponsorship for the England team I don't think it's feasible. Having seen how Malcolm Pein's valiant attempts to host the World Chess Championship match in 2012 came to nothing suggests England is very low down FIDE's list of potential hosts. Being cynical I would also suggest that how the ECF voted in the recent FIDE and ECU elections would also count against us.

Of course I would like us to be involved in such events in the future but as Malcolm has shown, even with serious financial backing and a very good bid England just isn't a place where FIDE want to be allocating their leading events.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:04 pm 
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=7025

Tbilisi from 6-19 May looks the favourite in terms of destination and dates at the moment.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:56 pm
Posts: 2154
Location: Croydon
LozCooper wrote:
Tbilisi from 6-19 May looks the favourite in terms of destination and dates at the moment.

Yes indeed, Loz.

From http://www.europechess.net/wicc-2011-in ... i-georgia/:

WICC 2011 IN TBILISI (GEORGIA)

The ECU Office received three offers for the organization of the European Individual Women’s Championship 2011 by the application deadline. The offer from Italy was not approved by the Italian Chess federation, so it was not taken into account.

The remaining two offers were from the Georgian Chess Federation (Tbilisi) and the Turkish Chess Federation (Gaziantep).

The President of the European Chess Union, Mr Silvio Danailov, decided that the Championship would be held in Tbilisi. The competition will take place in “Sheraton Metechi Palace 5*” Hotel, May 6-19. The prize money will be in the amount of 110,000 EUR (88,000 EUR for the players and 22,000 EUR for the ECU).

The competition Regulations will be published in the Circular letter 2/2011.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 4:18 pm
Posts: 7381
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
David Sedgwick wrote:
The prize money will be in the amount of 110,000 EUR (88,000 EUR for the players and 22,000 EUR for the ECU).


I don't understand that. 22,000 for the ECU? Is that just a charge for the right to host it? Seems odd to classify it under "prize money" if it is.

_________________
February 21-22: 2015 British Universities' Championship


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:18 pm 
Alex Holowczak wrote:
David Sedgwick wrote:
The prize money will be in the amount of 110,000 EUR (88,000 EUR for the players and 22,000 EUR for the ECU).


I don't understand that. 22,000 for the ECU? Is that just a charge for the right to host it? Seems odd to classify it under "prize money" if it is.


With FIDE and ECU events, 20% of the prize fund is paid to the sanctioning body with 80% available for the players.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group