FIDE Women Grand Prix Qatar 20 Feb - 6 Mar 2011

Discuss anything you like about women's chess at home and abroad.
Roger de Coverly

Re: FIDE Women Grand Prix Qatar 20 Feb - 6 Mar 2011

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Leonard Barden wrote:Koneru wins final round, shares first with Danielian, qualifies for 10-game world title match with Hou Yifan.
I've probably lost touch with the rules for the Women's World Championship. It seems only yesterday (December last year) that this world championship was being determined by a knock-out with no special privileges for the incumbent.

What's the position going forward? Is the European Championship which caused the row between Turkey and the ECU still part of the qualification process?

LozCooper

Re: FIDE Women Grand Prix Qatar 20 Feb - 6 Mar 2011

Post by LozCooper » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Leonard Barden wrote:Koneru wins final round, shares first with Danielian, qualifies for 10-game world title match with Hou Yifan.
I've probably lost touch with the rules for the Women's World Championship. It seems only yesterday (December last year) that this world championship was being determined by a knock-out with no special privileges for the incumbent.

What's the position going forward? Is the European Championship which caused the row between Turkey and the ECU still part of the qualification process?
I think there will be a number of qualifying places available from the event now being held in Georgia in May for the next world championship.