National Girls' Chess Championships all online

Discuss anything you like about women's chess at home and abroad.
Sabrina Chevannes

National Girls' Chess Championships all online

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:33 pm

This is a short note to let everyone know that the details for all the qualifiers and finals are all online at http://www.chevanneschessacademy.com/WC ... ships.html

There is an entry form for each qualifier available to download. Online entry wil also be activated soon.

The results and games will also be on this site after each qualifier.

The final may also be hosting an "Elite Women's Rapidplay Tournament" alongside the final, so details of that will follow.

David Sedgwick

Re: National Girls' Chess Championships all online

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:36 pm

I appreciate that you've put this entire series of events together in a short space of time. Congratulations on so doing.

All the same, I feel it's unfortunate that the Finals are on the same date as the Finals of the Counties Championships. Aren't some of the stronger girls likely to be playing for their counties on that day?

Curiously, neither of these Finals seems to be in the ECF Calendar at present.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:Aren't some of the stronger girls likely to be playing for their counties on that day?
The week before is the ECF U18/13 Counties Championship. The two weeks after are the Northern/Southern Gigafinals. If you're going to clash with the ECF U18/13, UKCC or the Finals of the Counties Championship, then I think Sabrina chose the right thing to clash with.

Sabrina Chevannes

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Yes Alex this is the problem. Also there are the Pontins tournaments to avoid. The final is in between the Pontins tournaments and the UKCC gigafinals so I did my best!

It is almost impossible not to clash with something. Yes if the events are not on the calendar though, it is much more difficult for me to be aware of them. The National Girls fixtures should all be on the calendar shortly.

Sabrina Chevannes

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:39 pm

ONLINE ENTRY IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Please use this link if you would like to go direct to the online entry form:

http://www.chevanneschessacademy.com/na ... yform.html

Andrew Giles

Post by Andrew Giles » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Thanks Sabrina!

Just as an aside last weekend saw some success for the girls at South Herts Congress (St Albans) with Cosima winning U120 section and Yasmin winning U140 section. I guess like a lot of kids they're now a lot better than their (1 year old) grades, but it was nice to see them tough it out against those seasoned club guys.

Sabrina Chevannes

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Andrew

Yes I heard about this! It was fantastic news! If Yasmin has any games that she is particularly proud of, I would be more than happy to put it up on the Women's Chess section of the website with the news!