Counties Finals

Discussion about all aspects of the ECF County Championships.
Andrew Bak

Re: Counties Finals

Post by Andrew Bak » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:49 pm

David Pardoe wrote:Did I read somewhere that the finals are being changed so that those counties involved will now play at neutral venues by mutual agreement.
Also, it is disappointing to see that some teams in the lower sections have been given byes into the Semi finals, due to lack of takeup of places...?

Neill Cooper

Post by Neill Cooper » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:48 pm

David Pardoe wrote:Did I read somewhere that the finals are being changed so that those counties involved will now play at neutral venues by mutual agreement.
That appeared on a couple of websites on April 1st but was removed the next day as it was less than serious.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Or alternatively can be read today on the front of the MCCU website
http://www.mccu.org.uk/
Any postings on here represent my personal views

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Yes..a most hilarious joke...? :) :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :mrgreen:
It appeared on the SCCU website , ..
Update 1.4.13 00:48. Plans have changed. We reproduce a message from the Home Director, just received by the Union Controllers.
To all Unions
FINALS OF THE ECF COUNTIES CHAMPIONSHIPS
Owing to unforeseen circumstances it will not now be possible for the Finals of the Counties Championships to take place in Warwick as previously announced. The Finals will still be held on Saturday 13th July, but at venues arranged by the competing teams. An independent ECF Arbiter shall be present at each final (cost to be shared by the teams).
Venues must be approved by the ECF Controller. In order to equalise travelling distances for all teams, venues will only be sanctioned if they are at least 100 miles away from both counties (or 50 miles if a sea crossing is involved). Matches do not have to be played in England. This arrangement will level the playing field by removing the advantage that has always been enjoyed in the finals by MCCU teams, and if it proves popular it could be adopted permanently.
Alex Holowczak

The offical position (I believe), is thus....
Finals July 13 at the Trident Centre, Warwick CV34 6SW
BRING BACK THE BCF