Ukraine

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Gerard Killoran

Re: Ukraine

Post by Gerard Killoran » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:51 pm

Paul McKeown wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:14 pm
Gerard Killoran wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:41 pm
I suppose you must have missed the NATO sponsored coup in 2014.
That is the most comical example of the blinkered falling for the scam I have read in 2023. "NATO sponsored coup". Wiping tears from my eyes here. Scores of Ukrainians died in Maidan for the ideal of democracy, liberalism, a rejection of corruption and cronyism and their choice of a future in the poltitical and economic structures that western Europe instituted for the sake of peace and co-operation in the wake of its bloodiest ever century of conflict. Those Ukrainians are willingly giving their blood in hundreds of thousands, saying as they do that their country has no choice. There will be no sovereign, nor independent Ukraine without this blood sacrifice, Putin having determined that Ukraine will die as an independent nation, culture and language, should his chosen right of might prevail. NATO? In 2014, it didn't just blink, it didn't give a shite. In 2022/3, NATO has woken reluctantly to Vova's frequently repeated declaration that Finland, the Baltic States, Poland and Europe as far west as Berlin are historical parts of the Russian Empire, and that Vova sees his historical mission as that of restoring Russia to its erstwhile territorial grandeur. Meanwhile the cackling halfwits of western fascism and tankieism join hands in praising Uncle Vova, on the one hand for his public rhetorical hatred of homosexuality and on the other hand because Russia's irredentism is apparently not a form of colonialism but its rejection. Clowns of the world, you have nothing to lose but your silly noses.
I don't think the violent overthrow of a democratically elected government sits well with "the ideal of democracy". The USA - backed by its NATO cronies - has a well documented record of staging coups in countries with governments its disagrees with, something you conveniently ignore. As for throwing around terms like "clowns" and "silly noses", ask yourself whether this makes you look the foolish one.