I can't believe it

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Roger de Coverly

Re: You could do it yourself.

Post by Roger de Coverly » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Michael Farthing wrote: Changing the topic title won't alter the title of already posted individual posts. The title of future posts can be done by individuals themselves, as here we see.
The starter of the thread can go back and change the title of their original post. This changes how it will look when displayed under "recent posts" etc.

For non-UK readers "I don't believe it" was the catch phrase of a character in a popular UK sitcom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Meldrew

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote: For non-UK readers "I don't believe it" was the catch phrase of a character in a popular UK sitcom.
Would VM make a good job of being the new Chair of the Governance Committee?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Michael Farthing

I can't/don't believe it.

Post by Michael Farthing » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Umm.. I see it also sets a trend and alters the indexing display doing it half way down the threadl. To avoid confusion I've changed it back again, (though with a compromise!)

Jon Mahony

Post by Jon Mahony » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Michael Farthing wrote: For non-UK readers "I don't believe it" was the catch phrase of a character in a popular UK sitcom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Meldrew
Slightly off topic, but I recently saw an episode of One Foot in the Grave on Dave, where Victor was getting his arse kicked at chess by Mrs Warboys in what looked like a QGD middle game :)

As for the book, I think it's time to cut your losses Soheil - Everyman have clearly abandoned the idea (I think drawing up your own contract and attempting to get them to sign, has probably damaged relations beyond repair :shock:)
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker

soheil_hooshdaran

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Jon Mahony wrote: Slightly off topic, but I recently saw an episode of One Foot in the Grave on Dave, where Victor was getting his arse kicked at chess by Mrs Warboys in what looked like a QGD middle game :)
Don't worry, this topic has gone astray a few posts ago.
As for the book, I think it's time to cut your losses Soheil - Everyman have clearly abandoned the idea (I think drawing up your own contract and attempting to get them to sign, has probably damaged relations beyond repair :shock:)
Why would it be so?
I just did what advisers said. What did I do wrong?

Barry Sandercock

Re: I can't believe it

Post by Barry Sandercock » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Is it possible to try a different publisher ?

soheil_hooshdaran

Re: I can't believe it

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Barry Sandercock wrote:Is it possible to try a different publisher ?
very hardly.
If you mean a different publisher than Everyman chess , this book is just published by Everyman chess, and a very great deal of energy and time have been put to it, both by me, and by the people who cooperated with me. It will be a loss, a very very great loss, if it doesn't sell up. Additionally, it would be a very great loss to have GM Seirawan angry with me just for the sake of this trojan translation.
So I would me too great losses it I can't reach the agreement. That's why I am killing myself over it.

If you mean the Iranian publisher, my publisher currently holds the warranting document for publishing the book, issued by the government, and anyone needs their approval to publish the book, but I suppose I can buy it from them.