Bobby Fischer named in off-shore tax dodge

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
MJMcCready

Re: Bobby Fischer named in off-shore tax dodge

Post by MJMcCready » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Tim Harding wrote:Let's move this odious discussion to the NotChess! section please Mr Moderator.

We all knew RJF was a rotten egg long before the latest disclosures and Billy Liar doesn't belong in a chess thread.
Why do we have to dwell on trivialities instead of the greatness of his play? I think its unfair to call him a rotten egg, he was a very principled man and many who wrote about him were very jealous of him.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:10 pm

And why has this thread been moved to 'Not Chess'? Which clownish 'moderator' of this pestilential stinkhole jumps so high when the arch-righteous Tim Harding says jump? When I initiated this post, it was intended for general, and light-hearted, information. That it took another turn makes the thread little different from the majority of tumbleweed dross that rolls across this intellectual wasteland. To me, the OP, it makes no difference whatsoever whether this thread resides here, or in a place where OMH's sun never shines. It does concern me though that, with the imminent, populist and wholly craven decision to close the official forum, this hell-hole of the soul should be the final arbiter of opinion in our community.

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:09 pm

But apart from that you enjoy it here, yeah?
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)