BREXIT fallout toxic shares to avoid?

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Martin Crichton

BREXIT fallout toxic shares to avoid?

Post by Martin Crichton » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:23 pm

just my observation but the banks and house builders look very toxic at the moment recording their biggest ever 2 day slump in their histories.
For anyone holding these stocks a good option might be to sell and wait until the dust settles...say end of the week or August?
From memory the last crash in 2009 saw Taylor whimpy stocks crash to 25p...they are currently 114p today
Similarly Barclays bank shares dropped to circa 51p currently trading today at 129p... so there may be a long way to fall ahead.
Member of "the strongest amateur chess club in London" (Cavendish)

my views are not representative of any clubs or organisations.

Michael Farthing

Re: BREXIT fallout toxic shares to avoid?

Post by Michael Farthing » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Selling after a sudden collapse is not usually a good idea. Suppose the shares recover and you then have to buy back at a higher price? This is more than likely as markets often over react. Horses and stable doors come to mind.

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:50 pm

Yeah, what kind of craziness is that, advising people to sell up their failing shares and further damage the economy.

Now is the time to be BUYING, not selling. You have got to speculate to accumulate.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Martin Crichton

Post by Martin Crichton » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:40 pm

patience young grasshopper :)

there will be plenty of time to buy housing and banking shares and I will also do my bit...but maybe at 50% of todays prices :)
Member of "the strongest amateur chess club in London" (Cavendish)

my views are not representative of any clubs or organisations.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:20 pm

Martin Crichton wrote:patience young grasshopper :)

there will be plenty of time to buy housing and banking shares and I will also do my bit...but maybe at 50% of todays prices :)
What we really want to know is where Goldman Sachs intend to close their shorts.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.