Questions on submitting results via the ECF LMS

General discussions about ratings.
Colin Purdon

Questions on submitting results via the ECF LMS

Post by Colin Purdon » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:49 pm

My club is running a club championship using the ECF's LMS. The tournament runs through throughout the season, with matches played around once a month with players fitting the games in as and when - the point being that matches for a round aren't necessarily played on the same night.

My question is: should I refrain from entering any results for a round before all its matches are played? Or is it OK to enter results piecemeal, and add new results to the match card as soon as results become available?

On the one hand it's obviously better to have the most up-to-date results in the system (and avoid ratings being out of date if the month deadline is missed) - on the other hand I'm worried that adding results to a match card could cause duplicate results to be entered into the system.

Ian Thompson

Re: Questions on submitting results via the ECF LMS

Post by Ian Thompson » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:43 pm

You can submit as often as you like. Just increase the submission number each time. It won't let you submit results with the same submission number more than once.

Brian Valentine

Post by Brian Valentine » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:22 pm

Colin,
You should update the new results onto LMS as soon as possible.

If you have set the competition to auto-rate then you do not have to worry about the submission numbers to which Ian refers. The system will pass the new results to the rating system 4 times a month.

Colin Purdon

Post by Colin Purdon » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:05 pm

Thank you, I'll add the results to the relevant rounds match card as they come in. The competition is auto-rated, so the submission numbers aren't exposed via the LMS (where I've looked anyway).