Deadline for submission for July 2012 list

General discussions about ratings.
Christopher Kreuzer

Deadline for submission for July 2012 list

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sat May 12, 2012 6:51 pm

I've been trying to find a date for the deadline for submission of graded games for the July 2012 list. I looked here:

http://www.sccu.ndo.co.uk/GradingGuide.htm

That says: "The playing season, for grading purposes, is split into two half-years ending on 31st December and 30th June". But it doesn't say when the deadline for submission of grading for games played in June is. I presume at some point in early July?

I'm running an internal club championship that ends on Friday 29 June, and I'm intending to submit the games for grading. I realise I need to contact the local grader (or follow whatever the usual arrangements were for grading in previous years), but since the playing season runs up until 30 June, I'm presuming that results played in June can still be submitted for the July 2012 list, provided they are submitted promptly (just as games played in December 2011 were put into the January 2012 list). But does anyone know if there is any precise deadline?

PS. I'd be grateful if this thread didn't end up talking about how grading is funded!

Alex Holowczak

Re: Deadline for submission for July 2012 list

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sat May 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:I'm running an internal club championship that ends on Friday 29 June, and I'm intending to submit the games for grading. I realise I need to contact the local grader (or follow whatever the usual arrangements were for grading in previous years), but since the playing season runs up until 30 June, I'm presuming that results played in June can still be submitted for the July 2012 list, provided they are submitted promptly (just as games played in December 2011 were put into the January 2012 list). But does anyone know if there is any precise deadline?
Why not become a grader yourself? It cuts out the middle man, and Richard Haddrell will give you all the stuff you need to do to it correctly. You can also do it yourself as you go through the event, rather in one big lump at the end.

I don't know what the exact cutoff is, but I believe the intention is to go live on the weekend that starts the British (as is usually the case).

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Sat May 12, 2012 7:16 pm

It used to be the May31st and i suspect it still is as games had to be played before nov 31st to be eligable for the Jan grading list
I am speaking here for myself and not the NCCU which i am now president of

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat May 12, 2012 7:21 pm

William Metcalfe wrote:It used to be the May31st and i suspect it still is as games had to be played before nov 31st to be eligable for the Jan grading list
That's not correct. The London Classic and all league games to the end of December were included in the January grades. It was rubber stamped at one of the recent Council meetings.

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Sat May 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Hum Our club champs games played in Dec were not eligable for the jan grading list only games played before Nov 31st counted.
Which caused all sorts of problems as our club champs in a 5 round swiss and you have 6 weeks to play your game in so we had to date all our round 2 games which meant some games got graded and other games had to wait till the next grading list

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sat May 12, 2012 7:33 pm

William Metcalfe wrote:Hum Our club champs games played in Dec were not eligable for the jan grading list only games played before Nov 31st counted.
Said who?

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Sat May 12, 2012 7:35 pm

our grader

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sat May 12, 2012 7:37 pm

William Metcalfe wrote:our grader
Oops. Well, I hate to break it to you, but he was wrong. :(

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm

William Metcalfe wrote:Hum Our club champs games played in Dec were not eligable for the jan grading list only games played before Nov 31st counted.
Sounds like your local grader wasn't up to speed with the agreed implementation of six monthly grades. For a Club Swiss, particularly the "play in your own time" variety, it could make sense to submit the whole tournament as a bloc for the July list.

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Sat May 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Intresting i just checked on the database league games played in Dec got graded but our club champ games are all dated before Nov31st

Richard Thursby

Post by Richard Thursby » Sun May 13, 2012 12:36 pm

http://www.ecfgrading.org.uk/help/

The above should answer some of the questions on game eligibility. Any games played in December 2011 should have been eligible for the January 2012 list if submitted in time.

I am intrigued by the number of references to a non-existent date (31 November) in this thread!

Mike Creaney

Post by Mike Creaney » Tue May 15, 2012 7:00 am

Firstly and most importantly i hope Christopher got the answer to his question.

I'm dismayed to find that i have caused you all sorts of problems with your club Ch,William

Thanks for the no doubt well meaning advice on how to submit Swiss Tournament results Roger,but "sounds like your local grader wasn't up to speed " rankles a little bit.

Alex , perhaps you should have inserted an if true in there somewhere

William said " interesting " yes isn't it

however i'm more than sure that outside of a small circle of friends what goes on in Cleveland is of no interest to anyone on here,and as you are aware
i'm more than willing to discuss anything on our local forum,( CHESSNE1)
see you on there soon.

Mike Creaney :
Off the pace Cleveland Grader
Irrelevant NCCU Grader
& Darlington & District League Grader
Last edited by Mike Creaney on Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 am

William Metcalfe wrote:Intresting i just checked on the database league games played in Dec got graded but our club champ games are all dated before Nov31st
Hmm. With the way that grades are now calculated, that will cause some players future grades to be wrong. I suggest going back to the grader and asking him to correct this.

Mike Creaney

Post by Mike Creaney » Tue May 15, 2012 7:22 am

Sean,Why do you suppose the said games are all dated before Nov 31st ?

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Tue May 15, 2012 9:05 am

Mike Creaney wrote:Sean,Why do you suppose the said games are all dated before Nov 31st ?
I have no idea if or why they are dated before Nove 31st [sic]. I was simply commenting on what William Metcalfe said:-
William Metcalfe wrote:Intresting i just checked on the database league games played in Dec got graded but our club champ games are all dated before Nov31st
If that is the case, I thought that the suggestion he goes back to the grader was a fairly sensible way to resolve the issue.