Events Missing from the July 2012 Grading List

General discussions about ratings.
Matt Mackenzie

Re: Events Missing from the July 2012 Grading List

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Have been informed that the South Lakes results have now been sent in :)

Apparently too late for Grand Prix points, though :?
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Adrian Walker

Post by Adrian Walker » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:50 pm

What about the Hampstead Festival Chess Congress of 23/24th June? These are not logged on the site as received, and they are also not on the list from Richard Haddrell.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Adrian Walker wrote:What about the Hampstead Festival Chess Congress of 23/24th June? These are not logged on the site as received, and they are also not on the list from Richard Haddrell.
The person asked to do the grading has just submitted the Open file, and is in the process of acquiring a file for the Major he can usefully do something with. (My version doesn't have any references for the players.)

My cockup here. Adam asked me to do it, and I said I would after the Counties Final on 7th July. I completely forgot. I'll manually hack out the Major file on Friday if I have to, to make sure it makes the deadline.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:I'll manually hack out the Major file on Friday if I have to, to make sure it makes the deadline.
U150 now sent in for grading too.

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:49 am

Just out of interest, are the results from this years ECF National Counties Finals being included. I see the other stages of this event have apparently all been send in.
BRING BACK THE BCF

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:55 am

David Pardoe wrote:Just out of interest, are the results from this years ECF National Counties Finals being included. I see the other stages of this event have apparently all been send in.
Alex Holowczak (in an earlier thread) wrote:The 2012 Finals will be graded in the January 2013 grading list, because they're played on July 7th, and the cutoff is June 30th.

I thought this was unnecessary, and proposed to Council that in 2012/13, the final be brought forward a week in order to get them all into the same grading list. Instead, Council decided to reject this, and instead decided to have a system whereby the Finals count towards that year's July list instead.

Paolo Casaschi

Post by Paolo Casaschi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:52 pm

If I look at my own games for July's list, there's nothing from the London League, even though the graded events list includes it.
Just processing backlog?

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Paolo Casaschi wrote:If I look at my own games for July's list, there's nothing from the London League, even though the graded events list includes it.
Just processing backlog?
The last time the website was updated was June 30th. If the London League file hadn't been submitted by then - it didn't need to be until July 20th - then it won't appear there.

I've logged into the back end of the server, which has the information from the masterlist produced with new grades on 21st July, and I can confirm that your London League results appear there.

Paolo Casaschi

Post by Paolo Casaschi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:
Paolo Casaschi wrote:If I look at my own games for July's list, there's nothing from the London League, even though the graded events list includes it.
Just processing backlog?
The last time the website was updated was June 30th. If the London League file hadn't been submitted by then - it didn't need to be until July 20th - then it won't appear there.

I've logged into the back end of the server, which has the information from the masterlist produced with new grades on 21st July, and I can confirm that your London League results appear there.
Thanks. I misunderstood that the submitted games would appear on the ecfgrading website as soon as submitted/validated/processed, before the actual publication of the new grades.
All good anyway.