Year-long availability of August revision

General discussions about ratings.
MSoszynski

Year-long availability of August revision

Post by MSoszynski » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 am

At this time http://www.englishchess.org.uk/grading/database/ states:

This is the August revision of the July 2013 list. The August revision is treated as definitive for eligibility purposes in the ECF's season-long Standardplay competitions, and in many independently run "winter" leagues.

In which case, I trust that this August revision is readily available throughout the year and won't be superseded into obscurity by the next published revisions. In other words, when a new member joins my Club in February, say, I hope to be able to look up his August grade (rather than his unrevised July grade) for the purposes of the winter leagues into which he'll be placed. If I recall correctly, I don't think that was possible the way that grades were shown online last season.

David Gilbert

Re: Year-long availability of August revision

Post by David Gilbert » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:15 am

It should be simple enough shouldn’t it? You’d just go to the Downloads button and download the August 2013 list.

MSoszynski

Re: Year-long availability of August revision

Post by MSoszynski » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:42 pm

David Gilbert wrote:It should be simple enough shouldn’t it? You’d just go to the Downloads button and download the August 2013 list.
Thanks, David. The August revision wasn't (always) available from lookups of club or player in the online database. However, it should be available as a download in the way you indicated.