Very unusual first name

General discussions about ratings.
Brian Towers

Very unusual first name

Post by Brian Towers » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:19 pm

The player with the ECF grading reference 302168D has a most unusual first name ;-)
His surname "Suseenthiram" seems normal enough but if the ECF grading database is accurate his parents were blessed with a strange, prescient sense of humour.

We are told in another thread that data for entry into the database is checked by humans first. Perhaps a computer program would do a better job?
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.

David Sedgwick

Re: Very unusual first name

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:11 am

You could have been helpful and emailed the ECF Grading Database Manager to inform him of the error.

You have chosen instead to be gratuitously unpleasant.

Posts like yours do nothing for the good name and reputation of this Forum. On the contrary, they give succour to those who allege that it is toxic.

John Hickman

Post by John Hickman » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:23 am

E Michael White

Post by E Michael White » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:55 am

David Sedgwick wrote:You could have been helpful and emailed the ECF Grading Database Manager to inform him of the error.
You have chosen instead to be gratuitously unpleasant.

Posts like yours do nothing for the good name and reputation of this Forum. On the contrary, they give succour to those who allege that it is toxic.
I doubt whether most people would regard the comment as gratuitously unpleasant and might feel your attitude is more unpleasant. In the absence of a formal publicised post implementation review, posting on this forum seems as good as any to draw attention to the need to check for inaccuracies and minor DPA offences. It's not so long ago that the ECF/BCF published via the grading list all known members dates of birth.

Who is the Grading Database Manager? Is that the same person as the Grading Manager?

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:47 am

I've mentioned it to the Office (as no doubt have others).

Top cartoon BTW! :lol:

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:02 am

Then this thread has run its course.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard