Increase in game fee?

General discussions about ratings.
James Toon

Increase in game fee?

Post by James Toon » Thu May 17, 2007 3:10 pm

Can anyone tell me whether the game fee rate of 45p per player game has been increased recently or is going to be increased? I can't find details of the April ECF Council Meeting.

Our League AGM takes place in three hours time so a reply before then would be appreciated :)

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Thu May 17, 2007 3:48 pm

46p - details are on the SCCU Website.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu May 17, 2007 4:59 pm

Neil Graham wrote:46p - details are on the SCCU Website.
Something official on the ECF site (or here...) would be nice

Richard does more than an excellent job but why is the SCCU always more up to date is something I always wonder, come on ECF!

Cheers
Carl

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri May 18, 2007 7:31 am

That digest could perhaps have included some more of the key points (especially the game fee...) in the initial post to the ECF web site which was actually quite fast yes - with a disclaimer that more details were to follow?

It's good news that full details are to come but three weeks is also quite a delay in my own personal opinion?

Cheers
Carl

Greg Breed

Post by Greg Breed » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 pm

Martin Regan wrote:As for three weeks being to long - yes but the ECF bylaws state:

5.2 A draft set of Minutes, approved by the Chairman of the Meeting, shall be considered by the Board within 10 weeks and published on the ECF Web Site within 13 weeks of the closure of the Meeting.

Now that is too long!
Were these bylaws written before the 20th century? Any company in business today would get a smack if the minutes weren't (at least drafted) ready within a week! I know it's all done voluntarily, but still, I could type up the minutes of a meeting in one afternoon...

.. I'm not offering by the way :wink:
Hatch End A Captain (Hillingdon League)
Controller (Hillingdon League)

Greg Breed

Post by Greg Breed » Mon May 21, 2007 1:37 pm

Martin Regan wrote:Of course you could, but could you get the agreement of all nine board members that they were perfectly accurate?
Ah, ok. I suggest a tape record of the meeting so that no-one can deny what was said and agreed upon.
then wrote:We do actually have a vacancy for a minutes secretary. So if you all write in to the ECF Office we can draw up a short list
Greg runs for the hills... :oops:
Hatch End A Captain (Hillingdon League)
Controller (Hillingdon League)

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed May 23, 2007 7:41 am

Martin Regan wrote:
I could type up the minutes of a meeting in one afternoon...
Of course you could, but could you get the agreement of all nine board members that they were perfectly accurate?

We do actually have a vacancy for a minutes secretary. So if you all write in to the ECF Office we can draw up a short list :lol:
It's here now

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/organisa ... _apr07.htm

Cheers
Carl

Nigel Wright

Post by Nigel Wright » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:37 pm

I don't mind what the game fee is as long as the excess money goes to something useful - i.e. making some of the ECF laws so they don't contradict FIDE laws or making them worded so they don't confuse me :D
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.