Bournemouth Grand Chess Congress: 20-22 April 2012

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Phil Taylor-Bowd

Bournemouth Grand Chess Congress: 20-22 April 2012

Post by Phil Taylor-Bowd » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:28 pm

An ambitious new event is being held in Bournemouth - believed to be the first weekend chess congress in many years offering a guaranteed 1st prize in the Open section of £1000!

There are also good guaranteed first prizes in the Challengers (U155) of £300 and in the Minor (U125) of £200.

We have negotiated an excellent rate for B&B accommodation at a 3* hotel of just £30 per person per night if booked by 31st March 2012 for those wishing to stay.

Full details can be found here: http://www.bournemouthchesscongress.org ... /index.php
including online entry form, printable entry form, hotel description and list of entrants so far.
Any postings reflect my personal views and do not necessarily represent those of any chess organisation of which I am a member.

Bournemouth Chess Congresses
Wimborne Chess Club
Dorset Chess

Phil Taylor-Bowd

Re: Bournemouth Grand Chess Congress: 20-22 April 2012

Post by Phil Taylor-Bowd » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:14 pm

We are receiving entries at an encouraging rate and would urge anyone considering playing to submit their entries sooner rather than later!

I have also received the following kind feedback for our website from our latest entrant to register online, Guy Whitehouse, a registered blind player (quote reproduced here at Guy's request):

"By the way congratulations on a screen reader friendly website. Could you send word round the community of chess tournament organisers that visually impaired players would value the ability to book a tournament in a similar way for other tournaments?"

A free screen reader for webmasters to test their websites can be found here.
Any postings reflect my personal views and do not necessarily represent those of any chess organisation of which I am a member.

Wimborne Chess Club
Dorset Chess

Phil Taylor-Bowd

Post by Phil Taylor-Bowd » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks to entries exceeding our expectations, the prize fund has today been boosted by £300! See the latest congress news here.

In agreement with the Carrington House Hotel we have upgraded the playing room to their President Suite (capacity 400!) so many more players can still be accommodated. Although bedrooms in the Carrington itself are running low, there are plenty of other hotels and B&Bs within walking distance.

If sufficient additional entries are received we hope to increase the prize fund on offer even further!

Wimborne Chess Club
Dorset Chess

Phil Taylor-Bowd

Post by Phil Taylor-Bowd » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks to receiving yet more entries, the prize fund has again been boosted by a further £200! See the latest congress news here.

Wimborne Chess Club
Dorset Chess