18th Birmingham & District Chess League Rapidplay

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Alex Holowczak

18th Birmingham & District Chess League Rapidplay

Post by Alex Holowczak » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:55 pm

The 18th Birmingham & District Chess League Rapidplay will be played on Sunday, 13th October, 2013. It will be held at the same venue as last year; the Quinborne Community Centre, Ridgacre Road, Quinton, B32 2TW.

Play starts at 10am, and there are 6 rounds with a time control of all moves in 20 minutes, plus a 10-second increment per move.

This year, all sections will be FIDE-rated towards the Rapidplay list. There are no additional membership charges for this - ECF Silver membership is required. Non-members can pay a £6 surcharge (£4 for juniors).

Entry fees are unchanged from last year. The prize fund is in excess of £1,000.

The tournament website can be found at: http://rapidplay.birminghamchess.org.uk/

Alex Holowczak

Re: 18th Birmingham & District Chess League Rapidplay

Post by Alex Holowczak » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:49 am

We've reached 85 entries, and we're on pace to be over 100 by the start of play on Sunday.

There's still time to enter here: http://birminghamchess.org.uk/rapidplay/

The number 1 seed in each section will be determined by the number of runs scored on Thursday, 10th October, in Game 5 of the American League Division Series (ALDS) between the Detroit Tigers and the Oakland Athletics.

If:
(1) The number of runs is even, then the number 1 seed will be white on odd boards
(2) The number of runs is odd, then the number 1 seed will be black on odd boards

Matthew Carr

Post by Matthew Carr » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:35 am

The Birmingham Rapidplay is underway and we have Live boards. The top 8 boards will be broadcast for each round today.

Here is the Link: http://www.chess.dw4n.com/birRapid/tfd.htm

Have fun and enjoy the games.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:56 am

And now that I've remembered I can't use asterisks in the Flags field for clubs on Swiss Master ( :oops: ), results are being updated for all sections on the tournament website.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:And now that I've remembered I can't use asterisks in the Flags field for clubs on Swiss Master ( :oops: ), results are being updated for all sections on the tournament website.
I've told you that before!

Matthew Carr

Post by Matthew Carr » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:
Alex Holowczak wrote:And now that I've remembered I can't use asterisks in the Flags field for clubs on Swiss Master ( :oops: ), results are being updated for all sections on the tournament website.
I've told you that before!
Hes reminded himself. One day he will learn :)