e2e4 Chess

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Malcolm Clarke

Re: e2e4 Chess

Post by Malcolm Clarke » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 pm

I believe that Bob's brother was Kevin and he was Southampton League Treasurer for at least five years. I can also recall Kevin playing in the Southampton League for both Cricketers Arms and Southern Water.

During the period 1989 to 1992 I can recall Clinton Wells being very active at Southampton University chess club.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Jonathan Bryant

Post by Jonathan Bryant » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:06 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:Back on topic ....

... and off again.

I certainly Clinton's name. Bit hazy on the details. I wonder how many of the University club from my time are still playing.

... and back on ....

I haven't played in an e2e4 tournament for a couple of years now. Not through choice, though, and I'll definitely be playing in a few this year.

Peter D Williams

Post by Peter D Williams » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Malcolm Clarke wrote:In relation to the post made by Jonathan Bryant I believe that Bob Noyce lived in the Southampton area until moving to Crawley with work in 1997. I also think that he played for Southern Water in the Southampton Chess League from 1989 to 1997, and may have played for Southampton University the season before that.

I do know that he once worked for the University and played for the University staff team in the Southampton Chess League, but if he was ever a student at the University it would not have been at a time when I was living in the Southampton area.
Bob Noyce played for southern Water chess team.I was in that team and played on bottom board Bob played on board 2 and Richard Webb played on board 1.I am sure Bob worked for Southern Water.I can remember him and Richard playing quick-play chess games at the club.
when you are successful many losers bark at you.