Civil Service Chess Open

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Ihor Lewyk

Civil Service Chess Open

Post by Ihor Lewyk » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:46 am

Civil Service Open Championship

Monday 14 - Wednesday 16 July 2014

Venue: Edinburgh Chess Club, 1 Alva Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4PH

Monday 14 July
Rd1 1.30pm – 5.30pm
Rd2 6.00pm – 10.00pm
Tuesday 15 July
Rd3 10.00am - 2.00pm
Rd4 2.30pm – 6.30pm
Wednesday
Rd5 10.00am – 2.00pm

Closing Date for Entries: Friday 4 July 2014

Entry is open. No entry fee
Only light refreshments provided at the venue.

For further information please contact Ihor Lewyk

If you are a CSSC member, you can apply for a £10 refund on your ECF membership before 31 August 2014.
CSSC membership is open to everyone who works in the Civil Service or Public Sector and also their friends and families through the Linked Membership scheme.
The refund can be applied for by new members of the CSSC. It costs £3.70 per month, but there are lots of other member benefits to have.
Check out great membership offers such as Countdown, The Online Shop and English Heritage. If you play chess you can represent the CSSC in correspondence chess events and play in the National Open or CSSC Games at Rapid Play. Check out the other events available by visiting your region pages.

Jon Mahony

Re: Civil Service Chess Open

Post by Jon Mahony » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:23 pm

I know at least one person who is playing at the Leeds congress, then traveling to Edinburgh on the Monday to play in the CS Open :)
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker

Ihor Lewyk

Post by Ihor Lewyk » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:43 pm

Jon Mahony wrote:I know at least one person who is playing at the Leeds congress, then traveling to Edinburgh on the Monday to play in the CS Open :)
Good news Jon. I'll be at Leeds as you know and then playing in Edinburgh too. I'm looking forward to both events. Are you able to say who it is or could you send me a personal message.

Jon Mahony

Post by Jon Mahony » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Ihor Lewyk wrote:
Jon Mahony wrote:I know at least one person who is playing at the Leeds congress, then traveling to Edinburgh on the Monday to play in the CS Open :)
Good news Jon. I'll be at Leeds as you know and then playing in Edinburgh too. I'm looking forward to both events. Are you able to say who it is or could you send me a personal message.
Stan Aleksandrowicz :)
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker