The Real Deal! 4.5 guarantees £100

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Alan Kennedy

Re: The Real Deal! 4.5 guarantees £100

Post by Alan Kennedy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:23 am

Mike Truran wrote: Oh - and arbiters. Fat Controllers making a racket with crisp packets during play don't always set the best of examples.
that would make me a trainee fat controller then!

Marinel Miu

Re: Watford Rapid-Play. What matters the most to you?

Post by Marinel Miu » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:08 am

Hello World!
Now that the 3rd Watford Rapid-play is gone my full attention is going towards my new tournament called Chess Freedom 4.5.
In the last Watford Rapid-Play 46 played but for the new tournament no more than 40 entries will be accepted at the same venue.
Many thanks to the people who already entered.
I will publish soon BONUS PRIZES if more than 30 participants will enter the tournament. The Real Deal is getting bigger!
Is going to be an exciting and entertaining chess tournament!

Marinel Miu

Post by Marinel Miu » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:02 am

Bonus Prize if more than 30 entries, £100 for the best player in the last three rounds. This prize is shared in case of a tiebreak.
Yes is possible to win with only 3 points, if these points are scored in the last three rounds. This prize will apply if a minimum of 31 players enter the tournament.

Martin Crichton

Post by Martin Crichton » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:28 am

I see the cheating topic has reared its head again...unfortunately this topic is not one that is likely to go away and it is good that it is being discussed so that tournament organisers and controllers can try to stay ahead of the cheats and whilst I agree that young players are more likely to be tempted to cheat (because they are not as mature as the rest of us) I should point out that a cheat can be of any age. And cheating can take many forms....at least now the penalties and deterants are beginning to match the seriousness of the crimes. A very recent (off the public radar) bizzarre case came to my attention whereby a very high profile well known chess master who has been involved with chess for several decades was banned for 3 years from playing chess in his country for (among other things) accessing and reading peoples private emails. Sounds crazy right? M15 and the CIA have been doing it for years...It was a reminder to me yet again in this cyber age to be more careful and vigilent when putting anything in writing...its not just your bank details and passwords that you need to protect !
Member of "the strongest amateur chess club in London" (Cavendish)

my views are not representative of any clubs or organisations.

Marinel Miu

Post by Marinel Miu » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:25 am

Martin Crichton wrote:I see the cheating topic has reared its head again...unfortunately this topic is not one that is likely to go away and it is good that it is being discussed so that tournament organisers and controllers can try to stay ahead of the cheats and whilst I agree that young players are more likely to be tempted to cheat (because they are not as mature as the rest of us) I should point out that a cheat can be of any age. And cheating can take many forms....at least now the penalties and deterants are beginning to match the seriousness of the crimes. A very recent (off the public radar) bizzarre case came to my attention whereby a very high profile well known chess master who has been involved with chess for several decades was banned for 3 years from playing chess in his country for (among other things) accessing and reading peoples private emails. Sounds crazy right? M15 and the CIA have been doing it for years...It was a reminder to me yet again in this cyber age to be more careful and vigilent when putting anything in writing...its not just your bank details and passwords that you need to protect !
I don't want to say anything more about cheating in chess as this will start a debate that should not be here. I already regret it I commented about it in the first place.
I will reply to any posts regarding the freedom to play competitive chess and what are the other tournaments in the UK that offer a good deal to win a prize or a better deal than what Chess Freedom 4.5 offers.