Frodsham Congress, 5th-7th February

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Pat Ridley

Frodsham Congress, 5th-7th February

Post by Pat Ridley » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:21 pm

The 13th Frodsham Weekend Congress will be held on 5th-7th February.
  • Sections: Under 120, Under 160, Under 210
    Fischer time controls
    Part of the ECF Grand Prix
    Chess Essentials bookshop
    Parallel Go tournament on the Saturday with special arrangements for players in both.
    Ample free parking
    Refreshments available (limited on Friday evening)
Further details and the entry form can be found on the ECF Calendar and the congress webpage at http://www.kisekigo.com/frodsham16.html, or by emailing Pat Ridley at [email protected].

Entries by email, post and telephone are all welcome.

David Pardoe

Re: Frodsham Congress, 5th-7th February

Post by David Pardoe » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:55 am

This excellent Congress, played at the pleasant venue on the outskirts of Historic Market town of Frodsham is a definite quality event, and I`d urge support from our Northern contingent, and those further afield. A good weekends chessing is assured.. A wonder into the town for a browse or food and refreshments is also recommended
BRING BACK THE BCF

Jon Mahony

Re: Frodsham Congress, 5th-7th February

Post by Jon Mahony » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:18 pm

David Pardoe wrote:This excellent Congress, played at the pleasant venue on the outskirts of Historic Market town of Frodsham is a definite quality event, and I`d urge support from our Northern contingent, and those further afield. A good weekends chessing is assured.. A wonder into the town for a browse or food and refreshments is also recommended
Sadly I can't make again this year :( always meant to go back, it is a really good congress - and if you think Chess is cut-throat, wait till you see those Go players!!
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker