Rapidplay Grades - Jan 2008

Request amendments or pass comments on this free service.
David Haydon

Rapidplay Grades - Jan 2008

Post by David Haydon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:24 am

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knew if the New Rapidplay Grades are expected out in Start of Jan?

Thx

Richard Haddrell

Re: Rapidplay Grades - Jan 2008

Post by Richard Haddrell » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:32 am

David,

Not start of Jan, no. Soon after the 20th I should think, same as last year. Might be earlier if we can manage it.

Richard Haddrell
Grading Administrator, ECF

Nigel Wright

Post by Nigel Wright » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:21 am

When was the cut-off point for getting rapidplay results in before they don't count for January - was it early December or late November sometime?
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Richard Haddrell

Post by Richard Haddrell » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:16 am

Nigel,

End of November, but the online list's help page would have told you!

Richard Haddrell

Nigel Wright

Post by Nigel Wright » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:26 pm

Oh right, sorry - I didn't think to check that! :oops:

That's a pain, I've only got 6 rapidplay games under my belt according to the website then, because I played in two rapidplay tournaments on the 1st and on the 2nd of December! Oh well, I'll just have to wait until August then... :cry:
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

David Haydon

Post by David Haydon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Yeah, its a pain for me too.

I played in the british Rapidplay and the essex Rapidplay championships which will be counted in the new Rapidplay grading list because i had a gradesheet with these games on... this will take me to around 194 ecf . I also played 6 games in the essex rapidplay knockout tournament winning all 6 games this was played from september-october time i think, and counting these games my new grade would stand at 200. but according to the recieved events, its not listed, so i guess they wont be counted? and i will have to settle for 194 or thereabouts? always better to be in with the 200+ players then below :)

oh well.

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:48 pm

At least you can win some more money if your rating stays lower. Plus, the other 200s will be less respectful in their play and might overstretch in trying to win.

So not all bad news...
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Richard Haddrell

Post by Richard Haddrell » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:35 pm

Or, who knows, the Essex Rapidplay results may go into the January list. I don't know why David should have assumed they wouldn't.

David's "gradesheet" was a list of all his results reported so far this season, Rapidplay in this case, as sent to all (emailable) ECF Direct Members shortly before publication of a new grading list so they can check it. There are always some errors, and the ECF will verify and correct them if you point them out.

But note the "so far". This particular list was sent ten days ago, and did not purport to be final. Results were still coming in. They still are. The January list isn't closed yet. It will be closed when it appears, more than a week from now. Only after that will late results be carried forward to the July list.

You are, of course, acquainted with the ECF's list of "Results Received for Grading". See the website's Grading page if not. It is kept up to date and will always tell you what has been reported so far. Perhaps the Essex Rapidplay is in by now. No? Try tomorrow.

Richard Haddrell
Grading Administrator, ECF

David Haydon

Post by David Haydon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Thanks for your post richard,

The Games i was talking about have been added now, thankfully.

I just wondered about it thats all, but thanks for clarifying, my mistake :)

david

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:35 pm

If Richard, who actually does all the hard work (with very little thanks...) approves the changes then this should go live in the morning (after a coffee...) and before I head off to work!
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

David Haydon

Post by David Haydon » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:26 am

I thank you two for all your hard work! and i mean it - U should be payed for it :)

Anyone else to thank?

thanks Again.