ECF Afternoon School Chess Tournament …

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Neill Cooper

Re: ECF Afternoon School Chess Tournament …

Post by Neill Cooper » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Neill Cooper wrote:I ran another ECF afternoon school chess event today at Wilson's. 18 teams from six schools took part, each of six players. For one school it was their first ever chess fixture with other schools. All the schools and players thoroughly enjoyed it, with many participants winning at least one game of chess, and most teams winning at least one match.
I have now had some feedback from some of the schools who came to yesterday's event:
Many thanks once again for having us at your tournament. The boys really enjoyed themselves, and Tom and I also had a great time.
Please do keep me posted about future chess opportunities. Tom and I are going to try and make chess grow exponentially at our school now!
Thanks for running such a great event : the kids love it! Much more than the one-on –one school matches – this way they get to play 4 games and get to win at least one as you said : my lot were buzzing on the way back! Definitely will be coming to any more events you run!
My challenge as ECF National Secondary Schools Co-ordinator is how to facilitate such events across the country.
Any suggestions?