National Schools Championships 2013/14

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Andrew Martin

National Schools Championships 2013/14

Post by Andrew Martin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:59 pm

We are looking at the best ways to run the various championships in the next cycle. The U19 Open is running well. That leaves the Girls event and the U11 Open.

I am currently administering the Girls event. My thinking is that we should keep the semi finals in Jan/Feb , but hold the finals solely for this event around Easter and not in July. Thus there is no clash with exams/trips/end of term activities or even the end of term! Any thoughts ?

Two sponsors have renewed, but not for the U11 section. If any school/person or body would like to sponsor this very worthy event, please get in touch with Phil Ehr or myself ([email protected]).

Any further comments on the U11 event and optimal ways to administer it would be very welcome.

Thanks.

The finals for this year will all be held together at Uppingham School on 4/5th July.

Andrew Martin

Re: National Schools Championships 2013/14

Post by Andrew Martin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:35 pm

This is just a note to say that we are still seeking a sponsor for next year's U11 Open event.

If anyone would like to help out, then please cast your eye over this link:

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/tenders/

You may be an individual, a school, a junior organisation etc. By sponsoring this event, you are supporting the advance of chess in this country.

The finals for all of the 2012/13 events take place at Uppingham School next week. Around 125 young people, both boys and girls, are involved.