Commonwealth Junior Championship 2014

National developments, strategies and ideas.
LawrenceCooper

Commonwealth Junior Championship 2014

Post by LawrenceCooper » Tue May 13, 2014 1:26 pm

A final appeal to any playing wishing to play in the Commonwealth Junior Championship. I still have nominated places that I can use for the Under 16 (boy and girl), Under 14 (boy and girl) and Under 12 (boy). Those players will be eligible for a reduced entry & accommodation deal. The event takes place in Glasgow from 30th June to 8th July 2014. Eligibility is based on age on 1st January. Please contact me urgently at [email protected] The entry form can be viewed here: http://www.chessscotland.com/membership ... wealth.pdf

Lawrence Cooper
Director of Junior Chess & Education
English Chess Federation
Last edited by LawrenceCooper on Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roger de Coverly

Re: Commonwealth Junior Championship 2014

Post by Roger de Coverly » Tue May 13, 2014 1:34 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:The event takes place in Stirling from 30th June to 8th July 2014.
Stirling (?). I though it was alongside the main Commonwealth Championships in Glasgow. Unusually for British events, they are applying a Continental style system of pre-registering, so players just turning up five minutes before the first round are liable to find themselves not paired.

LawrenceCooper

Re: Commonwealth Junior Championship 2014

Post by LawrenceCooper » Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
LawrenceCooper wrote:The event takes place in Stirling from 30th June to 8th July 2014.
Stirling (?). I though it was alongside the main Commonwealth Championships in Glasgow. Unusually for British events, they are applying a Continental style system of pre-registering, so players just turning up five minutes before the first round are liable to find themselves not paired.
Oops, my mistake, the Glorney is in Stirling :oops: