Potential new chess club member

National developments, strategies and ideas.
David Blower

Potential new chess club member

Post by David Blower » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:12 am

On Tuesday evening just gone we had a 7 year old and his mum attend our club for the first time. Those who have followed me on this section of the forum before will know that we have not always had success with new children attending our club as they have sometimes being pitted into serious friendly games with the clubs A team players!

We did the knights checking distance technique for the King + Queen v King basic checkmate, underneath the heading "technical endgame position training."

Anyway I received a lovely email from the boys mum (I am on the committee.) This is what it said although I have took personal information out of it for the forum.

He really enjoyed attending the chess club. He has not had any training before, he has just played chess for fun with my uncle who is an experienced chess player. He found the training helpful and i'm very grateful for the patience and time from the man who played with him. He has been asking when he can go back again. Because he is a beginner I realise it would be taking up a members time to teach him. I'm happy to pay for tuition and feel that due to the time of your group and my son's age, 45 minutes would probably be enough.

I would welcome your thoughts.

Needless to say I am quite pleased.