UKCC A future ?

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Gareth T Ellis

UKCC A future ?

Post by Gareth T Ellis » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:48 pm

John Upham » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:43 pm

I learnt today that at least six consortia have expressed an interest to the Trustee.

One of the growing concerns of those that wish to include Mike in their organisation must be the recently lashing out type messages.

Slagging off The Times of London was best done in private IMHO.

Maybe eventually the sponsor will tire of this?

The UKCC clock ticks and there is a danger of the flag falling.
In a game of chess flag fall means the the end, game over but what would it mean to the UKCC and more importantly junior chess in the UK ?

Andrew Martin

Re: UKCC A future ?

Post by Andrew Martin » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:09 pm

It would be most regrettable if the UKCC folded and could not be revived, even in a watered-down version.

Nevertheless, junior chess would carry on and we would all
have to make the best of it. In my experience from teaching in many different types of school and running the UKCC in all
of them, very few of the kids participated in other chess tournaments; they liked the fluffy toys and the badges more than the chess itself.

John Upham

Re: UKCC A future ?

Post by John Upham » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:29 pm

During this weekends conference on teaching strategy games to children UKCC received much attention. From what Malcolm had to say and what I am aware of I would expect it to continue. The big question surrounds the toxicity created by the recent out pourings towards the UKCC brand.

See http://chessplus.net/wp/

I intercepted the bonkers materials from being read by the schools in which I run chess clubs and redirected them to the physical equivalent of /dev/null

If schools read the junk about Turing and Don Quixote it could damage relations between the schools and the chess community.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D