More 4NCL Moderation

Technical information will be posted here, use it to ask questions too.
Carl Hibbard

More 4NCL Moderation

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:24 pm

A couple of posts with little relevance apart from name calling were removed...
Last edited by Carl Hibbard on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The topic was split only as a general tidyup
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Mike Truran

Re: More 4NCL

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:09 pm

I suspect as they are team mates and friends of long standing as I understand it, it wasn't meant entirely seriously......

Ben Purton

Post by Ben Purton » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:A couple of posts with little relevance apart from name calling were removed...

The referee's a ...... :P

I'm only joking with Gareth , my fellow Shark. Often what I've noticed from someone whos gone from mass binge drinker to non-drinker for nearly a year. Is that coca-cola is a rip off in these places and tap-coke is £3/pint,the same as beer. Thats the real rip off....£3 a pint is standard in London.

Ben
I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night - Bill Hicks
I would die happy if I beat Wood Green in the Eastman Cup final - Richmond LL captain.
Hating the Yankees since 2002. Hating the Jets since 2001.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Ben Purton wrote: I'm only joking with Gareth , my fellow Shark. Often what I've noticed from someone whos gone from mass binge drinker to non-drinker for nearly a year. Is that coca-cola is a rip off in these places and tap-coke is £3/pint,the same as beer. Thats the real rip off....£3 a pint is standard in London.
You can usually buy bottles of 500ml (just over a pint) for £1 from the vending machines. Since the vending machines are in the hotel, surely they wouldn't object to you drinking them in the bar?!

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Matt Harrison wrote:I used to attend an annual board games convention in Birmingham (Midcon). A quick check on Google shows that it is still running, and this year was at the Thistle Hotel on St Chad's Queensway. Might be worth checking with them.
It's not big enough for a 4NCL, but it might be worth investigating for an e2e4 international, or something of that nature.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Mike Truran wrote:I suspect as they are team mates and friends of long standing as I understand it, it wasn't meant entirely seriously......
I did realise that was the case but since the post was "reported" and we now feed our content all over the place I decided to remove it which will increase my popularity no end!
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Mike Truran wrote:I suspect as they are team mates and friends of long standing as I understand it, it wasn't meant entirely seriously......
I did realise that was the case but since the post was "reported" and we now feed our content all over the place I decided to remove it which will increase my popularity no end!
Who reported this post - I want his name.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:Who reported this post - I want his name.
Tough, has to be an un-written rule that any post can be "questioned" be anyone in total confidence
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:57 pm

I dont agree - if they want to disagree with it they should do it out in the open rather then being a big sneak.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:I dont agree - if they want to disagree with it they should do it out in the open rather then being a big sneak.
Well, there are two separate issues being conflated here, that of disagreeing with a post and that of requesting the deletion or alteration of the post. The former follows the normal rules of debate here, and yes, you should do so openly by responding with a post of your own. The latter is a claim that a post has broken the rules of debate, and it's best for the temperature of the forum if it doesn't have to be done openly. (Note: in general, I will give attempts to get a post deleted because the reporter doesn't agree with it pretty short shrift.)

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:08 pm

I seem to get stuck with the difficult calls, on this one the name being called I agreed was not appropriate even between friends and so I removed it
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Gareth Harley-Yeo

Post by Gareth Harley-Yeo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:20 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:I seem to get stuck with the difficult calls, on this one the name being called I agreed was not appropriate even between friends and so I removed it
mine or his? mine was a clear ref to his avatar...