County qualification criteria

Discussion about all aspects of the ECF County Championships.
Christopher Kreuzer

County qualification criteria

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:55 am

Alex Holowczak wrote:
MSoszynski wrote:What eligibility rules?
These ones

B6. The qualifications for a player to represent a County in any of these Championships shall be one of the following:-
(i) Birth in that county.
(ii) Five years residence in that county at any time.
(iii) Two months immediate previous and present membership of a club either in or affiliated to that County.
(iv) One month immediately previous and present residence in that County.
(v) Present attendance as a teacher or student at a school, college or university in that County.

Under which, (i) qualifies me for Staffordshire, (ii), (iii) and (iv) qualifies me for Worcestershire, (v) qualifies me for Warwickshire.
This reminds me of a set of questions I've always wanted to ask. But I'll put it in a new thread this time! The questions are:

(1) What is the largest number of counties a single player has been eligible for at one time?

(2) What is the largest number of counties a player has been eligible for over their lifetime in total (even if the eligibility later lapses)?

Mick Norris

Re: County qualification criteria

Post by Mick Norris » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:28 am

If you use the search facility, you can see previous discussions about this e.g. a Ben Hague post a couple of years ago in the White Rose flies high thread (I don't know how to link to posts in another topic) which explained how many counties he was eligible for

I'd imagine there are people playing correspondence chess for a county different to their over the board chess if you look hard enough
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:32 am

Mick Norris wrote:If you use the search facility, you can see previous discussions about this e.g. a Ben Hague post a couple of years ago in the White Rose flies high thread (I don't know how to link to posts in another topic) which explained how many counties he was eligible for
Thanks. Here is a link to that thread:

http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=861

What I did was click "Search", copy and paste "White Rose flies high" into the search box. Then click one of the links, go to the first page in that thread, and copy the URL at the top, removing the extra bits at the end that aren't needed (the bits that tell the software to highlight the search terms). Possibly I could have removed more, but I think the link above is good enough.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Mick Norris wrote:I'd imagine there are people playing correspondence chess for a county different to their over the board chess if you look hard enough
One example that I know of; Sean Hewitt played last year for Greater Manchester in Correspondence, but Leicestershire over the board. (Leicestershire didn't have a team.)