Nothing matters anyway

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
E Michael White

Re: Nothing matters anyway

Post by E Michael White » Wed May 25, 2011 9:22 am

Ian Kingston wrote: ....although playing conditions in Hell might be a little uncomfortable.
Pick the right tournaments to play in for a seamless transition.

John Hickman

Post by John Hickman » Wed May 25, 2011 12:00 pm

I have heard on good authority that the Rapture will yet again be delayed.

Unfortunately the Forces of Darkness are still unable to deliver the required Apocalpse due to the huge influx of bad project managers down there :evil:

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Wed May 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Ian Kingston wrote:
Kevin Thurlow wrote:"Returning to the original theme of this thread, I urge you all to spend your last few months on earth wisely:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13516796"

That's going to foul up Round 5 of the Guernsey Tournament...
Should be OK if the organisers are prepared for adjournments, although playing conditions in Hell might be a little uncomfortable.
I'll make sure that I take some adjournment envelopes out to Guernsey with me. However, someone else will have to take them on to Hell - I'm going to Heaven.

John Hickman wrote:I have heard on good authority that the Rapture will yet again be delayed.

Unfortunately the Forces of Darkness are still unable to deliver the required Apocalpse due to the huge influx of bad project managers down there :evil:
I understand that the Forces of Darkness have been persuaded to dealy the Apocalypse so as not to deprive you of the chance to lose the Guernsey Best Game three years in a row. :lol:

Jonathan Bryant

Post by Jonathan Bryant » Wed May 25, 2011 2:17 pm

David Sedgwick wrote: I understand that the Forces of Darkness have been persuaded to dealy the Apocalypse so as not to deprive you of the chance to lose the Guernsey Best Game three years in a row. :lol:
Now that would be an achievement. Are the scores of the previous two years' games available anywhere?

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Wed May 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Jonathan Bryant wrote:
David Sedgwick wrote: I understand that the Forces of Darkness have been persuaded to dealy the Apocalypse so as not to deprive you of the chance to lose the Guernsey Best Game three years in a row. :lol:
Now that would be an achievement. Are the scores of the previous two years' games available anywhere?
Yes.

Go to http://www.guernseychessclub.org.gg/fes ... stival.htm, click on "History", enter "Hickman" and click on "Games".

Then select No 30 (v Lenier) and No 41 (v Taylor) from the drop down menu.

Sorry John.

John Hickman

Post by John Hickman » Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 pm

I am sure to win the brilliancy prize this year. I just need to sign this bit of paper...something about immortal soul blah blah blah all eternity...

Seems like a good deal :twisted:

Then again, the guy said he might be busy that week :?

John Hickman

Post by John Hickman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:00 am

John Hickman wrote:
I am sure to win the brilliancy prize this year. I just need to sign this bit of paper...something about immortal soul blah blah blah all eternity...

Seems like a good deal :twisted:

Then again, the guy said he might be busy that week :?
I really should have checked the wording more carefully :shock:

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:14 pm

I think John got near to winning the brilliancy prize this year...
"Kevin was the arbiter and was very patient. " Nick Grey

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:35 pm

Kevin Thurlow wrote:I think John got near to winning the brilliancy prize this year...
Perhaps, but he actually won a different special award. I've published the Prize List, and made a few comments, in the Congress Results section.

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:07 am

"Allowing the Best Swindle John HICKMAN (Reading)"

It could be argued that it was not a swindle, but principled play leading to a tactical opportunity.

But he deserves the award for his very sporting reaction to it!
"Kevin was the arbiter and was very patient. " Nick Grey