Manchester Rapidplay Sunday 25 March 2012

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Mick Norris

Re: Manchester Rapidplay Sunday 25 March 2012

Post by Mick Norris » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Jon

Glad you enjoyed it

The clocks were on setting 18, when there were problems I found them set to 9 or on one occasion 35

The clocks all looked right before the start of the rounds (showing 20 mins each), but of course we couldn't see that people had been messing with them

Anyway, remind me just before the start next year :)
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Ian Stephens

Post by Ian Stephens » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Mick, My first Rapidplay in over 16 years, Nice comfortable venue, the online entry was convenient, a big thanks to your fellow controllers for a smoothly run event, The only niggle was the size of the pieces, for this old fogey they seemed a bit on the small side, so perhaps a slight upgrade if possible, also with the weather being what it was sunny and warm, any chance next year of playing outdoors if weather permits or is that too ideal?
Is there any chance of playing a weekender at the venue?
All in all a nice event, one of which I will play again.
Ex-President of Liverpool Chess Club, now mere Tournament Controller and Chief bottle washer.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Ian

Thanks for the feedback - it would have been noisy outside with the funfair in the car park :)

I gather we are still using the old equipment, rather than the new sets we bought 18 months ago, I hope we can use them from now on - we probably need some new boards now too, and may need to buy some more digital clocks

Weekender - the cost of the venue for 2 days would be £4,000, whereas the cost for our 1 day is nil, so I'll let you answer your own question :wink:
Any postings on here represent my personal views