Proposed Electronic Media Monitoring

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Paul McKeown

Proposed Electronic Media Monitoring

Post by Paul McKeown » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Love this parody

Roger de Coverly

Re: Proposed Electronic Media Monitoring

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:18 am

Returning the subject to chess, the proposals would seem to require chess servers, if based in the UK, to log who played who, which they probably do anyway, and the chatter between players, and keep the information for a year. We have after all seen International Postal notation being suspected of being communication to agents and returning to your parody, walking being used as a means of communicating chess moves, allegedly.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 am

Roger,

I would agree with your analysis - chess servers would fall within the ambit of the legislative proposals.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:Returning the subject to chess, the proposals would seem to require chess servers, if based in the UK, to log who played who, which they probably do anyway, and the chatter between players, and keep the information for a year.
I think they should pass the stuff straight to Mary Whitehouse. Just been told that I took it up the fire escape, that I'm a "retard", bla bla bla, and much much more besides. Strange enough, but stranger still, I won...! I pity GCHQ, MI5 or Special Branch if they have to monitor that nonsense.