Search found 4 matches

by Henrik Malm Lindberg
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:16 am
Forum: Chess History
Topic: Sir George Alan Thomas
Replies: 30
Views: 11905

Re: Sir George Alan Thomas

Great to hear about the coming bio on Thomas! Anybody here that also have a clue if he had something against C.O.H´D Alexander, not giving him a single point before Saltsjöbaden 1948?
by Henrik Malm Lindberg
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:22 pm
Forum: Chess History
Topic: Sir George Alan Thomas
Replies: 30
Views: 11905

Re: Sir George Alan Thomas

Sad that there will, probably, be no bio on, Sir George Thomas. Anyway, I have a Q about him: Did he have something against C.O.H´D Alexander? In the qualification to the interzonal in Saltsjöbaden 1948, each member of the Qualification committee had 20 sets of points (from 20 to 1) to distribute am...
by Henrik Malm Lindberg
Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:26 pm
Forum: Chess History
Topic: Alfred Milner Manchester - any relation with Milner Barry or Sir Alfred Milner
Replies: 16
Views: 3017

Re: Alfred Milner Manchester - any relation with Milner Barry or Sir Alfred Milner

Thanks for the assistance so far: Mick, John, Gerald and Jon. In just a couple of hours I have found out plenty of new information.
by Henrik Malm Lindberg
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:33 am
Forum: Chess History
Topic: Alfred Milner Manchester - any relation with Milner Barry or Sir Alfred Milner
Replies: 16
Views: 3017

Alfred Milner Manchester - any relation with Milner Barry or Sir Alfred Milner

I am just about to finalize a book on Folke Rogard the FIDE-president 1949-1970 at Thinkers Publishing and I have a Q that might get an answer in this forum! I have seen that Rogard communicated with an Alfred Milner in August 1949 efter he was appointed president of FIDE in Saltsjöbaden. Milner see...