Search found 2 matches

by Simon McGuinness
Tue Dec 23, 2025 9:56 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Dave Parlour (1946-2025)
Replies: 0
Views: 5997

Dave Parlour (1946-2025)

I would just like to say a few words about Dave Parlour , who passed away in February 2025 . Dave was a friend of mine from South Shields Chess Club , and he was a well known figure on the congress circuit for many years . He would frequently end up amongst the prize winners for the minor and interm...
by Simon McGuinness
Tue Dec 23, 2025 9:42 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Jonathan Hawkins
Replies: 44
Views: 24299

Re: Jonathan Hawkins

So sad to read this news . I played jonathan a few times in the north east chess leagues , before his meteoric rise . I always found him friendly and warm and I would like to pass my sympathy on to his family .