Search found 4 matches

by frank sealey
Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:19 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Master Game on YouTube.
Replies: 95
Views: 18735

Re: Master Game on YouTube.

I don't know why the BBC stopped the series, it used to get 6 million viewers!
by frank sealey
Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:39 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Master Game on YouTube.
Replies: 95
Views: 18735

Master Game on YouTube.

I've just watched some old footage, 1981-2, of BBC's Master Game. Very entertaining, it's a pity they stopped that programme. It will seem ancient to young people today but chess is such a wonderful game. Am I the only one who would like to see it start up again?
by frank sealey
Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:01 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Any chance of The Master Game returning to tv?
Replies: 50
Views: 8362

Re: Any chance of The Master Game returning to tv?

Thanks Mike, I haven't read that thread yet but I will.
by frank sealey
Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:19 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Any chance of The Master Game returning to tv?
Replies: 50
Views: 8362

Any chance of The Master Game returning to tv?

I thought I read somewhere that the Master Game was returning and it would be broadcast on BBC4. Has any one heard any more about this or has it all fallen through? Who could pull some strings to get our noble game back back on tv?