Search found 11 matches

by Geoff Gibson
Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:01 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How many should I expect?
Replies: 20
Views: 9162

Derbyshire Rapidplay

Thanks for your offer of help, Dean - it is much appreciated. As this year's event was succesful, we are considering holding two such events at the same venue next year. The first of these would be planned for May/June 2008 and the second at a roughly equivalent date (02 December) to this year's, de...
by Geoff Gibson
Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:52 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How many should I expect?
Replies: 20
Views: 9162

Derbyshire Rapidplay

Thanks to everyone who played in or helped out at the event. We managed 81 entries in the end, not too bad for a first effort in 6 years! We'll almost certainly hold another one next year. A full report is on the tournament website at: http://mysite.orange.co.uk/derbyrapidplay2007 I would be interes...
by Geoff Gibson
Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:25 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How many should I expect?
Replies: 20
Views: 9162

Apologies

Once again I offer my apologies to anyone affected by the decision not to proceed with the Premier (U200) section at Derbyshire Rapidplay on Sunday 02 December. The decision was not taken lightly, but following two withdrawals from the Premier and no further entries during Thursday, it was apparent ...
by Geoff Gibson
Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:22 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How many should I expect?
Replies: 20
Views: 9162

URGENT - PREMIER ABANDONNED

I have sadly to announce that, owing to a lack of entries, the Premier Section (U200) at the Derbyshire Rapidplay on 02 December has been abandonned. All players eligible have been transferred to the Major (U155) section. The remainder will have their entry fees refunded shortly. Please advise anyon...
by Geoff Gibson
Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:46 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How many should I expect?
Replies: 20
Views: 9162

63 entries, 4 days left. The Premier (U200) only has 7 at the moment, not enough to run a viable tournament. Unless I receive another 3 by this evening, we will have to abandon that section, so if you know anyone who is thinking of/would be prepared to enter that section, please let me know urgently...
by Geoff Gibson
Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:12 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How many should I expect?
Replies: 20
Views: 9162

Latest Update

Thanks everyone for your entries and offers of support - The total now stands at 60 (still 5 days left) so things are looking up a bit. We still need some more players for the Premier (U200) though so if anyone knows any strong players looking for a tournament this weekend, please point them in my d...
by Geoff Gibson
Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:45 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How many should I expect?
Replies: 20
Views: 9162

Your kind offer

Kevin, Thanks for your kind offer. If you enter and bring your friends with you, I will certainly waive the late entry fee. If you would kindly e-mail the details to: chessman81@lycos.co.uk I will make sure you're entered - you may even pay on the day if you're unable to send payment beforehand! Geo...
by Geoff Gibson
Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:42 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How many should I expect?
Replies: 20
Views: 9162

Numbers

Gavin,

Thanks for your message.

I now have 44 (still 9 days left!) and hope everyone is waiting until the last minute to enter!
by Geoff Gibson
Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:21 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How many should I expect?
Replies: 20
Views: 9162

How many should I expect?

I'm the organiser of the Derbyshire Rapidplay on Sunday 02 December and would like the benefit of the experience of other organisers of recent events. This is the first event I've arranged in the County for about 6 years and I've budgeted for a break even figure of about 100 players - so far, with 1...
by Geoff Gibson
Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:40 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Congress Leaflets for Derbyshire & Nottingham Rapidplays
Replies: 3
Views: 5612

Notts/Derbyshire Rapidplay Entry Forms

I am the organiser of the Derbyshire Rapidplay event and believe the problem has been caused by a few rogue envelopes used for sending out the mailshot, although these were approved by the post office before they were sent. I apologise to anyone who has received a simlar communication from Royal Mai...