Search found 12 matches

by Brian Whitaker
Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:13 pm
Forum: News and Support
Topic: Windows 10 upgrade prob...can anyone assist?
Replies: 6
Views: 14251

Windows 10 upgrade prob...can anyone assist?

After many months of Microsoft's annoying pop-ups prompting me to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I decided to give it a go recently...I wish I hadn't bothered!! The immediate problem I had when I upgraded was that I didn't have any media sound. As I didn't like the look and feel of Windows 10...
by Brian Whitaker
Sun May 26, 2013 7:03 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: Middlesbrough Congress 2013
Replies: 5
Views: 3059

Re: Middlesbrough Congress 2013

The playing arena.
by Brian Whitaker
Sun May 26, 2013 7:01 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: Middlesbrough Congress 2013
Replies: 5
Views: 3059

Re: Middlesbrough Congress 2013

This year's congress was very poorly attended with only 67 participants :( As disappointing as this was, those who attended seemed to enjoy the weekend and the near ideal playing conditions offered by the Thistle Hotel. Here are the results and a couple of pics... OPEN 1st David Walker (No club, Sun...
by Brian Whitaker
Wed May 15, 2013 8:06 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: Middlesbrough Congress 2013
Replies: 5
Views: 3059

Re: Middlesbrough Congress 2013

Only two days to go, but still time to get your entries in of course. Entries will be accepted up until 6PM on the Friday evening. Just one important change to mention. The playing room has changed and it will now be held in the Main Suite on the first floor of the hotel. This is actually a better l...
by Brian Whitaker
Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: Middlesbrough Congress 2013
Replies: 5
Views: 3059

Re: Middlesbrough Congress 2013

Just under three weeks to go now. Remember that, from Friday week (10th) the late entry surcharge of £2 kicks in so get your entries in sooner rather than later :wink:
by Brian Whitaker
Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:50 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: Middlesbrough Congress 2013
Replies: 5
Views: 3059

Re: Middlesbrough Congress 2013

Only two months to go now people. Get those entry forms in!
Here's a link to a copy of the form:- http://www.clevelandchessassociation.or ... ntry13.pdf
by Brian Whitaker
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 pm
Forum: Not Chess!
Topic: The English language
Replies: 24
Views: 5139

Re: The English language

Can't comment at the moment - Gone phishing! :)
by Brian Whitaker
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: Middlesbrough Congress 2013
Replies: 5
Views: 3059

Middlesbrough Congress 2013

Well, after much negotiating with a new Middlesbrough venue, the Middlesbrough Congress is back for 2013. Some of you may have already spotted it on the ECF calendar but I've only recently added a link to a pdf of the entry form. The event will be held on the weekend of the 17th-19th May and is at t...
by Brian Whitaker
Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:20 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Clarification on next year's fees
Replies: 8
Views: 2093

Clarification on next year's fees

I know the answer to this one's probably on the Forum somewhere, but it's late and I was hoping someone could answer me without me having to trawl through it all. I am the organiser of Middlesbrough Chess Congress and, although the event is not being staged this year, I do hope to run it some time i...
by Brian Whitaker
Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:42 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: Middlesbrough Congress
Replies: 2
Views: 1376

Middlesbrough Congress

It is with regret that I have to announce that Middlesbrough Congress will not be taking place in 2012. I'm afraid there are just too many problems that I cannot sort out in the timescale required. I've been in contact with Middlesbrough Football Club events staff quite a bit over the last few weeks...
by Brian Whitaker
Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: 2011 Middlesbrough Chess 8th – 10th July 2011
Replies: 7
Views: 2859

Re: 2011 Middlesbrough Chess 8th – 10th July 2011

Thanks to everyone that supported the congress, making it a success once again. The venue seems to be popular, so I'll be trying to hold it at the stadium next year also. Here is a summary of this year's results:- OPEN 1st Jonathan Hawkins (Leam Lane) £250 2nd = David Oates (Barnard Castle - no clu...
by Brian Whitaker
Thu May 27, 2010 9:16 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: Middlesbrough Congress
Replies: 0
Views: 973

Middlesbrough Congress

Middlesbrough Congress is back on the scene again after an absence of some five years or so. The event will be held at Middlesbrough FC's Riverside Stadium and will take place on the weekend of 16th - 18th July. This event also incorporates the NCCU individual and NCCU junior championships, with two...