Search found 2 matches

by Sam Cornwell
Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:57 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: 29 and I haven't played chess passionately for 18 years.
Replies: 15
Views: 2943

Re: 29 and I haven't played chess passionately for 18 years.

Thank you all for your help. It's quite unnerving not knowing how it's all meant to work. I'm quite keen on the social side and my girlfriend would like to participate too. I'm heading down to the Newport club tomorrow as suggested. Hopefully they might be able to get me up to a league standard and ...
by Sam Cornwell
Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:32 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: 29 and I haven't played chess passionately for 18 years.
Replies: 15
Views: 2943

29 and I haven't played chess passionately for 18 years.

But I've suddenly got back into it after succesfully teaching my girlfriend how to beat me. When I was 11/12 the only experience I had of competition was getting silver place in the national Scouts final. I didn't play for much after that. I'd love to get back into the social side and have no idea w...