Very very nice features!!
Well done...
Search found 14 matches
- Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:07 pm
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: January 2012 grading list
- Replies: 132
- Views: 33806
- Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:26 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Is their a limit on someone's chess ability?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3826
Re: Is their a limit on someone's chess ability?
In a conversation about Magnus Carlsen with a friend - the question arose; in a game of limitless possibilities such as chess is there a limit on how good somebody could be? Just thought I'd put this one out there - might be a subject worthy of discussion... As chess is a two player game, then the ...
- Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:06 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Charlie Storey for new ECF President
- Replies: 80
- Views: 15232
Re: Charlie Storey for new ECF President
1. £750k that was left to develop junior chess sits locked in Trustees accounts who won't utilise it. 2. The ECF is on course for Bankruptcy unless there are some radical changes. 3. I will unlock this money and build on my university education which examined chess business and Internet interactio...
- Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:32 pm
- Forum: Junior Chess
- Topic: Chess clubs in schools
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2177
Re: Chess clubs in schools
I'm in the North East.
I will inform any schools I come across wanting to set up a club of the CSC. I have discussed this issue with the North East's local CSC rep, he said there could be help for schools interested.
I will inform any schools I come across wanting to set up a club of the CSC. I have discussed this issue with the North East's local CSC rep, he said there could be help for schools interested.
- Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:20 pm
- Forum: Junior Chess
- Topic: Chess clubs in schools
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2177
Re: Chess clubs in schools
Jack I can't quite decipher your reply. I'm assuming that there has been some discussion on this subject in the past. I have to admit that I am not an avid forum user, so if you can indulge me with a fuller explanation I would much appreciate that.
- Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:38 pm
- Forum: Junior Chess
- Topic: Chess clubs in schools
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2177
Chess clubs in schools
In September I am planning to contact all the schools in my local area to try and build up a network of chess activity. Perhaps the different schools and clubs could meet occasionally during the year or attend an end of year competition. It occurred to me that if a school didn't have a club they mig...
- Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 pm
- Forum: Junior Chess
- Topic: Starting a Junior Club
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1969
Re: Starting a Junior Club
Advertising clubs is difficult. I have tried several different methods during the first year of our little junior club. This weekend we ran a stall at the local town carnival (see some photos here http://darlingtonchessclub.blogspot.com/) to try and publicise the club. We had quite a few interested ...
- Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:29 pm
- Forum: Junior Chess
- Topic: Starting a Junior Club
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1969
Re: Starting a Junior Club
You do not need a CRB check to run an amateur club (the CRB check lady told me that when I was filling in the form for my CRB). Step 1 - Find a few juniors to form the base of the club. Members children for example. Step 2 - Advertise the club in local schools. See if you can get a feature in the lo...
- Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:56 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: First chess books for Kids
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4728
Re: First chess books for Kids
Thanks for the feed back I have emailed Tim Onions to try and buy his books. If anyone else has ideas for kids post them. What about first books for beginning adults? The first chess book I purchased was "The Sicilian labyrinth" by Lyev Pougayevsky I think I was so pleased to find a chess book I bou...
- Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:00 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: First chess books for Kids
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4728
Re: First chess books for Kids
The classic 'How to beat your dad at chess' should be in every library as well as Tim Onions' 'Ten ways to beat...' series. I often write my own little booklets for my juniors which I either sell at cost for the school or email for free. In coaching, it is really worth showing some of the videos fr...
- Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:41 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: First chess books for Kids
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4728
First chess books for Kids
Hi, We have a small chess library bequeathed to us at our club containing a decent selection of chess books. I have started a junior chess club (http://darlingtonchessclub.blogspot.com/) and was thinking I could add to our club library with some books for improving juniors. For kids or any other beg...
- Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 am
- Forum: Junior Chess
- Topic: FREE Junior Coaching and Junior Tournament at the LCC 2010
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1077
Re: FREE Junior Coaching and Junior Tournament at the LCC 20
Sabrina, What a great event and way to get the CSC publicity. Its such a good idea I would like to see something like that where I live. I live in the North East, is there any plans to do a similar event (probably smaller) in other locations? I would help with the NE event in anyway possible if requ...
- Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:06 am
- Forum: Junior Chess
- Topic: Starting a junior section
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1383
Re: Starting a junior section
What a great piece. The Chess is Schools and Communities are trying to do the same here. Lets hope they succeed. I have to say that the kids I watch playing chess do not suffer from any deficiencies in concentration. They demonstrate complete focus while playing. Mind if they are not playing then I ...
- Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:42 am
- Forum: Junior Chess
- Topic: Starting a junior section
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1383
Re: Starting a junior section
Thanks for the link Sabrina. Hopefully you will get loads of clubs on there soon.
If anybody want to check the Darlington Chess Club out view the blog
http://darlingtonchessclub.blogspot.com/
If anybody want to check the Darlington Chess Club out view the blog
http://darlingtonchessclub.blogspot.com/