Search found 3 matches

by Tom Borland
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:56 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Times cryptic chess clue
Replies: 401
Views: 134726

Re: Times cryptic chess clue

Capturing rook left one ready to mate champion (9)
by Tom Borland
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:11 am
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Andrew W Hill 1939-2020
Replies: 12
Views: 1729

Re: Andrew W Hill 1939-2020

I met Andrew when he defeated my son in the first round at the Bucks & Berks about nine years ago. We got chatting, and an enjoyable conversation continued over many years of the Bucks & Berks. Andrew was one of the most pleasant, self-effacing and phlegmatic characters I met in the chess world. I b...
by Tom Borland
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:16 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Puzzle
Replies: 42
Views: 5345

Re: Puzzle

Moving the pawn to b7, the king to e7 and the knight to c6 makes 50, I think.