Players needed for Daventry 4NCL

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
LawrenceCooper

Players needed for Daventry 4NCL

Post by LawrenceCooper » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Not for the first time this season I am looking for players to fill vacancies, mainly on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th. Please contact me if interested.

LawrenceCooper

Re: Players needed for Daventry 4NCL

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:21 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:30 pm
Not for the first time this season I am looking for players to fill vacancies, mainly on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th. Please contact me if interested.
This has now been narrowed down to one player required for Saturday 4th at Daventry.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:59 am

I am still looking for a player to play on Saturday 4th May starting at 14:00 at the Mercure Daventry Court Hotel. Please contact me if interested for more information.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Thu May 02, 2019 6:41 pm

Believe it or not I may finally have enough players now (until the next incoming e-mail anyway!)

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Thu May 02, 2019 9:19 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:41 pm
Believe it or not I may finally have enough players now (until the next incoming e-mail anyway!)
Unfortunately I had someone drop out of my 4NCL teams (now replaced) and in addition I have too many county matches to organise to get back to Lawrence.

However I know a substantial number of chess players and feel certain that had I the time I would probably have found a replacement for Lawrence.

May I make a suggestion therefore. At the start of the season can the 4NCL appoint an officer or make arrangements to keep a list of players who would like to play or fill casual vacancies should they arise. At the moment all we have is an occasional offering on the website mostly of the variety "I am an IM who would like to play in Division One" etc. Yet the teams with problems are invariably those in the lower divisions. If such a list were kept. captains could ask for names/e-mails of players interested in playing rather than the rigmarole above.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat May 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Neil Graham wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:19 pm
LawrenceCooper wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:41 pm
Unfortunately I had someone drop out of my 4NCL teams (now replaced) and in addition I have too many county matches to organise to get back to Lawrence.

However I know a substantial number of chess players and feel certain that had I the time I would probably have found a replacement for Lawrence.

May I make a suggestion therefore. At the start of the season can the 4NCL appoint an officer or make arrangements to keep a list of players who would like to play or fill casual vacancies should they arise. At the moment all we have is an occasional offering on the website mostly of the variety "I am an IM who would like to play in Division One" etc. Yet the teams with problems are invariably those in the lower divisions. If such a list were kept. captains could ask for names/e-mails of players interested in playing rather than the rigmarole above.
I did belatedly get more than enough offers to fill the gaps, possibly even enough to have had a team on Sunday. I do have a good group of players but clashes with tournaments and exams do occur as does illness. Obviously something for me to mull over when next season's venues become known.