Players required for Windsor/Maidenhead

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Neil Graham

Players required for Windsor/Maidenhead

Post by Neil Graham » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:52 pm

It looks as if I may be short of a couple of players for Ashfield at Windsor/Maidenhead on Nov 9th-10th. I have put some feelers out but to date nothing definite unfortunately. A clash with the U160 Notts v Derbyshire match & the Beacon Seniors has not helped matters. Anyone interested should contact me via message facility here. To avoid being snowed under with applications from GMs and IMs, I am looking for normal club standard players interested in Division Four South!

Roger de Coverly

Re: Players required for Windsor/Maidenhead

Post by Roger de Coverly » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:01 pm

Neil Graham wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:52 pm
A clash with the U160 Notts v Derbyshire match & the Beacon Seniors has not helped matters.
It's only an indirect clash with the Beacon Seniors as that finishes Friday morning. The 4NCL weekend does however clash with Torquay, but that clash happens nearly every year.

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:01 pm
Neil Graham wrote:
A clash with the U160 Notts v Derbyshire match & the Beacon Seniors has not helped matters.
It's only an indirect clash with the Beacon Seniors as that finishes Friday morning. The 4NCL weekend does however clash with Torquay, but that clash happens nearly every year.
One of my registered players is at the Torquay weekend - that's why he's unavailable.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:29 pm

Neil Graham wrote:
To avoid being snowed under with applications from GMs and IMs, I am looking for normal club standard players interested in Division Four South!
Have you contacted Nottinghamshire Juniors, who may have a player or two for you who might want to play?

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:45 pm

Just as an aside, since I'm a local. I suppose the hotel is called Windsor/ Maidenhead on the basis a lot of people visit Windsor and the hotel chain hope some of them will stay in their hotel in outskirts of Maidenhead.

It is only a short trip from Maidenhead to Windsor. But the parking is a nightmare. So if you were looking for a restaurant outside Maidenhead and weren't too fussed about seeing a castle, I'd go to Marlow instead.

Roger Lancaster

Post by Roger Lancaster » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:41 pm

Paul Cooksey wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:45 pm
Just as an aside, since I'm a local. I suppose the hotel is called Windsor/ Maidenhead on the basis a lot of people visit Windsor and the hotel chain hope some of them will stay in their hotel in outskirts of Maidenhead.

It is only a short trip from Maidenhead to Windsor. But the parking is a nightmare. So if you were looking for a restaurant outside Maidenhead and weren't too fussed about seeing a castle, I'd go to Marlow instead.
I'd suspected as much but thanks for the advice.

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:17 pm

Quick update on this. Firstly thanks to the people who responded. One player only now required for Sunday.