Page 1 of 4
Live games this weekend?
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:39 pm
by Jonathan Rogers
I hope there will be some - after all the "real" title decider quite probably takes place on Sunday (Wood Green 1 v Pride and Prejudice), as it so happens ...
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:02 pm
by Mike Truran
Yes.
I've asked Peter S to put a notice on the 4NCL website.
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:31 am
by Ben Purton
Erm No Sambuca Sharks V Brown Jack Mike?
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:06 am
by Carl Hibbard
Mike Truran wrote:Yes.
I've asked Peter S to put a notice on the 4NCL website.
Yes, I believe "we" are doing them - with Dave doing the hard work and me providing the hosting
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:23 am
by Ben Purton
We <3 you Carl....Keep up the good work...but seriously feature us Sunday and Ill play all my hackers in the first. Such as "One of the most talented tactical players ever"- Steven Gordon on ...EZRA LUTTON RETURNING TO THE FRAME FOR SAMBUCA SHARKS!!!.
Ezra once won the Young masters when you get a day to prepare against some of the hardcore prep people of my era(Eckerley Waites, Roberson, Deva, Linford etc) by Playing this Kd7 Kd6 on moves 4 and 5 line.
Literally taking the piss in his 2400 performance.
I am looking forward to seeing if he still has it...
Hoora
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:34 pm
by David Clayton
Hello all
Sorry I only have 4 games on-line, I had planned for 8, but I have mislaid a crucial cable. I think it might be on a ship to Gibraltar.
At this time of the year we are limited to just 8 games because the other half of the equipment has been shipped off to Gibraltar.
Regards
David
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 am
by Leonard Barden
Interesting pairings for 4NCL round 4, games just started-Bacrot v Adams, Haslinger v Hammer, McShane v Rowson-as a nice appetiser before Corus round 2 this afternoon.
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:04 pm
by E Michael White
Leonard Barden wrote:Interesting pairings for 4NCL round 4, games just started-Bacrot v Adams, Haslinger v Hammer, McShane v Rowson-as a nice appetiser before Corus round 2 this afternoon.
Are all pairings on the Internet I can only find the live games.
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:18 pm
by Richard Bates
Anyone know the results from yesterday?
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:24 pm
by Carl Hibbard
E Michael White wrote:Leonard Barden wrote:Interesting pairings for 4NCL round 4, games just started-Bacrot v Adams, Haslinger v Hammer, McShane v Rowson-as a nice appetiser before Corus round 2 this afternoon.
Are all pairings on the Internet I can only find the live games.
Sorry no (not that I can see..) the 4NCL are a little slow on pairings and results during a weekend - they should be processing and publishing them from site probably

Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:15 pm
by Graham Borrowdale
I think Guildford ended something like 5-3 against Bettson, alongside the 3-1 from the live games
In the 2nd Division Cheddleton scored 7.5 against FCA: their team of Gormally, Arkell, Eggleston, Bellin, Hawkins down to board 5 would probably not be out of place in Division 1.
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:51 pm
by Leonard Barden
After Adams's win from Bacrot today and Short's loss to van Wely yesterday, Adams has regained the England No1 spot on the live ratings.
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:29 pm
by Justin Hadi
Anyone watching McShane - Rowson? Black looks to be better to me but I'm not sure if he can break through.
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:02 pm
by J. Moore
Did anyone watch the Hebden-Baburin ending. Mark was two pawns down!
Re: Live games this weekend?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:26 pm
by Jonathan Rogers
I've just returned from the weekend and will answer questions from memory as best I can, which may not be very much at all.
Wood Green 4 - 4 Pride and Prejudice (yes I thought you might want to know that)