4NCL RAPIDPLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS 15-16 OCTOBER 2011

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Alex Holowczak

Re: 4NCL RAPIDPLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS 15-16 OCTOBER 2011

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Mick Norris wrote:
Alex Holowczak wrote:
Mick Norris wrote:The venue is set for London and I think the MCF's London based rep (and other reps not at the 4NCL) might not want to go to Harben House
I don't really understand why delegates not at the 4NCL Rapidplay might not want to go there.
Because delegates are used to walking to the venue from the train station if Birmingham was anything to go by, because not all trains from the North to London stop at MK, both of which matter if you are coming from, say, York
Do people go to it by train? I expected them to go by car...

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:31 pm

You're so mischevous, Alex......

Kevin Williamson

Post by Kevin Williamson » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:17 pm

For those who are planning to come to the rapidplay by train and don’t want the expense of a taxi from/to the station, there are up to 5 buses an hour on a Saturday (2 on a Sunday) from CMK Railway Station to Newport Pagnell. Journey time is around half an hour.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Kevin Williamson wrote:For those who are planning to come to the rapidplay by train and don’t want the expense of a taxi from/to the station, there are up to 5 buses an hour on a Saturday (2 on a Sunday) from CMK Railway Station to Newport Pagnell. Journey time is around half an hour.
I caught that bus. I forget which number it was. I remember getting lost in Newport though. Following the directions from locals, I walked straight on at the terminus, and went over a bridge, and out into the countryside. After about a mile - and a sign for another county - I turned back, where one of the arbiters was able to give me directions from the centre of Newport. :oops: