Live Games

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Christopher Kreuzer

Re: Live Games

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:24 pm

There is also a problem with the display for board 8 Barbican 4NCL 2 vs. Oxford 1, unless they really are still on move 20.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:There is also a problem with the display for board 8 Barbican 4NCL 2 vs. Oxford 1, unless they really are still on move 20.
Again no knowledge sorry you would need to ask Dave, however a break in communication with a board is not unusual I have to say
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:13 pm

I am pleased that the results are being updated throughout the day. However, anyone know why there are no Div 3 results?

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

After round 6 team scores in Divisions 1 & 2 as follows:

Division 1 Section A:

Pride & Prejudice 12
Barbican 1 & Betsson 9
Cheddleton 6
WGHK 2 & ADs 5
Warwickshire Select 2
Pandora's Box Grantham 0

Division 1 Section B:

WGHK 1 12
e2e4.org.uk 10
White Rose 7
Guildford-ADC & Oxford 6
Cambridge University 5
Barbican 2 2
Sambuca Sharks 0

Division 2 Section A:

Barbican Youth 10
Anglian Avengers, Jutes of Kent & Rhyfelwyr Essyllwg 7
Cambridge University 6
White Rose 5
South Wales Dragons 4
Poisoned Pawns 2 2

Division 2 Section B:

Bristol 10
Guildford-ADC 9
AMCA Dragons, & Poisoned Pawns 1 & Wessex 1 7
Kings Head 5
3Cs 2
Sambuca Black Sheep 1

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:I am pleased that the results are being updated throughout the day. However, anyone know why there are no Div 3 results?
Board by boards results are on the 4ncl site now as well as team results on my round 6 round-up on the forum :D

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:47 pm

LozCooper wrote:
Sean Hewitt wrote:I am pleased that the results are being updated throughout the day. However, anyone know why there are no Div 3 results?
Board by boards results are on the 4ncl site now as well as team results on my round 6 round-up on the forum :D
Thanks Loz for all the forum effort :D
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:52 pm

I believe I can answer this question. There were unverified rumours of a powercut at Wokefield Park. Not sure when it happened though, but it might have influenced the live boards.

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:I believe I can answer this question. There were unverified rumours of a powercut at Wokefield Park. Not sure when it happened though, but it might have influenced the live boards.
Must have been a very localised powercut ;) Someone pulling a plug out, or something? :D

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Richard Bates wrote:
Alex Holowczak wrote:I believe I can answer this question. There were unverified rumours of a powercut at Wokefield Park. Not sure when it happened though, but it might have influenced the live boards.
Must have been a very localised powercut ;) Someone pulling a plug out, or something? :D
Crappy DGT software is more likely :lol:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:06 pm

To be fair I would love to be able to sort out their software...
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:54 pm

It was at about 5:00 in the downstairs playing hall I think - I remember it was just as I as leaving but it got my attention nevertheless.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:43 am

More like 4.30; I was still playing, as those of you who were following the live games will know. The arbiters were slow to react, it must be said, and were "saved" by the fact that the power was restored after about a minute. But one does need to be decisive - should the clocks be stopped? One player or the other will get an arguable advantage - the player whose turn it is to move may benefit from extra thinking time if they are stopped, but he is handicapped by the less than optimal conditions if play continues. But worse still is the uncertainty on the matter, which distracts both players! So you need a decisive statement - play continues, or otherwise.

Anyway, I was delighted to justify my presence on the demo boards to Alex by playing a long endgame. Sadly I did not justify the long game to my team. I would have won with 67.Bg6, and would have been mightily proud of my endgame effort to boot, but thinking that I was winning anyway I hurried with 67.h6, after which it is a simple draw. This cost us a matchpoint unfortunately.

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:48 am

I'll leave it to Loz for the overall 4NCL round up, but I could not help noticing that my two opponents in the first weekend (Richard Weaving, 2027) and Mark Josse (2150), to whom I must have lost quite a few rating points by drawing, each beat an IM over this last weekend! Such a privilege to play such under-rated players .... :roll:

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 am

Jonathan Rogers wrote:I'll leave it to Loz for the overall 4NCL round up, but I could not help noticing that my two opponents in the first weekend (Richard Weaving, 2027) and Mark Josse (2150), to whom I must have lost quite a few rating points by drawing, each beat an IM over this last weekend! Such a privilege to play such under-rated players .... :roll:
They might be disappointed at drawing with you!

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:16 am

Sean Hewitt wrote:
Jonathan Rogers wrote:I'll leave it to Loz for the overall 4NCL round up, but I could not help noticing that my two opponents in the first weekend (Richard Weaving, 2027) and Mark Josse (2150), to whom I must have lost quite a few rating points by drawing, each beat an IM over this last weekend! Such a privilege to play such under-rated players .... :roll:
They might be disappointed at drawing with you!
Can people stop saying that ??? :shock: