4NCL team names

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Alex Holowczak

Re: 4NCL team names

Post by Alex Holowczak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:I thought it was traditional for all division 1 teams to bring in additional players for the last weekend, whether they are necessary or not.
I would have thought that Wood Green and Pride & Prejudice will be going for it in the imports department for the last weekend. I think the way the fixtures are drawn up, they could well meet in the Final round on 20 points, with Wood Green having draw odds...

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote: I would have thought that Wood Green and Pride & Prejudice will be going for it in the imports department for the last weekend. I think the way the fixtures are drawn up, they could well meet in the Final round on 20 points, with Wood Green having draw odds...
Both got to play us yet :lol:

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Very likely that will be the title decider, and it will certainly be in the last round. But it's totally unclear to me who will have draw odds, though admittedly in every other last round title decider Wood Green has ever played in, it has had draw odds! (They only lost once, to Guildford in 2004).

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:06 am

Joey Stewart wrote:Wessex have got a decent chance of getting past kings head though, I wouldnt count on them losing. And even if they do, I am sure those amca kids will be no match for the might of bristol so that is another chance for wessex to make their way up to the promotion pool and retain our nice juicy win against them but, more importantly, guildfords big loss - the seconds might be unpaid but I bet when all the ringers get brought in for the division 1 finals then the seconds will probably be composed of more professional players.
I don't think Guildford 1 have "ringers" any more, and don't pay for more than a handful of professionals.